Another "Sunshine and Showers" Day....

.... another wander down the Trailway.

As I got out of the car, I was greeted by a Red Kite taking off from behind me. Although the camera was ready.... the settings weren't, and by the time I'd realised, 20 odd frames had been shot at 1/200 sec... a tad slow!

Having twiddled a few dials, I then came out of the car park, and a Dunnock was foraging before hopping onto a log

And a Wren was shouting invisibly, before popping up on the machine

As I walked down the track to the Trailway proper, urgent twittering caught my ear, a couple of Long Tailed Tits were across the field

And a Blue Tit dangled precariously a little further on

I could hear a Buzzard mewing, and being answered, but could see no sign of either, until a racket in a tree got my attention

There wasn't much about, it being more showery than sunny, but I had hopes along the next stretch, with white blossomed (insert tree name here) lining the pathway, as I'd seen bullfinch and yellowhammer here before.. Great Tit was the first

And at least 2 pairs of chiffblers (all chiffchaffs I think) were flitting about

Along with the white blossomed (insert tree name here) there were lots of Katkins bursting forth

And a Robin sang from the depths of the trees

At the far end of one of the fields beyond the trail, a Roe Deer was snacking

And a little further, a Brown Hare was sitting in a recently ploughed Brown Field about 100 yards away!

And last up, some Bracket Fungus

That wasn't planned to be last up, but at this point the heavens opened, and the "shower" part of the forecast became "deluge", and it didn't stop for over 20 minutes... in fact just as I got back to the car at a brisk march!!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed

Stay Safe All