Brandon Marsh Thursday 23rd November

Starting with a pre-sunrise fire in the sky!

That was followed by the starlings morning murmuration, which was the prime intention of this visit, only, they didn’t start to warm up their engines, it was a silent surprise!

A grey heron flew in, looking for breakie no doubt, though I doubt any kippers are on the menu here.

I did say the sun was low and at the wrong angle, not for these hawberries, is was just perfect.

Then a final hide on the path back to the car park, and the sun was behind, and a better perspective, though very much in a shadow,  but young Mr Tuftie posed perfectly/

Along with his mates, possibly siblings…

Another one, or two, for PB, most likely a juvenile dinosauromont looking  at the greyish plumage, posing  perfectly and catching  the light just right.

With the weather looking, crap, this coming week, and with WiFi nicely piped into The Hideout, I'll sort some from the holiday in Cornwall, my wife and myself enjoyed back in September.

Plenty of turnstones, LRP, a shag, some seals, rock pipit, and that was without getting to any reserves. Must try harder next time and visit a reserve at least. Joy But it does show what can be around, if the environment is right.