New RSPB Homepage

I find it hard tp believe that someone got paid for this video banner and that someone else thought it was good enough for a High Class organisation.

• I couldn't see it at 1st Bob...I use a Samsung Tablet and when held portrait it's only the still photo of an Owl...when I rotate to landscape it then shows a pixilated vid....how embarrassing! More money wasted

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Bobs_Retired said:

I find it hard tp believe that someone got paid for this video banner and that someone else thought it was good enough for a High Class organisation.

If you’ve seen my thread. It actually appeared the new homepage just after midnight Saturday morning. There are a lot of things I don’t like about this new look RSPB website. When any organisation day they are going to have a new refreshed appearance. It’s then I start to worry. And particularly on the RSPB reserve listings and. I’ve mentioned other things I don’t like as well. I hope it’s only temporary. But at the moment I wish they hadn’t changed as some previous parts of the old RSPB website are now nowhere to be found on this website. If you have a look at my thread you’ll see what I’ve posted. I won’t go all over that again. It’s a bit like the old RSPB magazine from many decades ago, which at one time was an excellent magazine and had lots  of serious, good and thoughtful articles and then RSPB decided to have a new refreshed look RSPB magazine I never read the quarterly magazine as it is now as the magazine is just  the RSPB campaigning in the magazine and no serious articles now  for many decades with far less pages as well and nothing of interest in the RSPB magazine as it now stands. When any organisation says they are going to  have a new refreshed look. It’s then I start to worry. As normally that means less and not more and far less detail and not as interesting.

https://youtu.be/o9DUE4vTZME

Regards,

Ian.

• Agreed. A job worth doing is worth doing properly. No idea why someone signed it off as acceptable.