NEW RSPB WEBSITE COMING SOON!?!?

Should I wish you all a merry Xmas the now??

Not many details!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Well I’ve learnt many times not to be disappointed! As I’ve on this forum long enough to know this and at one time. you could get information much quicker via the moderators and then replies from staff and management. So saying that there’s now more replies is not true. There used to be a lot more. But don’t be disappointed what you hear as I’ve learnt that many many tines. I hope you not just hoping and expecting any improvements as I’ve found out to myself many times on here. There was a member who was always praising the RSPB who is opinion could do no wrong! As a pragmatic person I wont just praise for praises sake. If something that I think needs saying, I will do that. Over the years on the rare occasions the culling of certain wildlife species such as Deer at Leighton Moss because of the damage to the wetland area and reedbed area I’ve accepted that also the culling of Grey Squirrels by various county wildlife trust as well many decades ago the culling of seals had to be done on the Farne Islands had to be done! Difficult decisions have to be made at times at wildlife reserves.. Some of the views at times get over sentimental at times in my view!

Regards,

Ian.

• Well I’ve learnt many times not to be disappointed! As I’ve on this forum long enough to know this and at one time. you could get information much quicker via the moderators and then replies from staff and management. So saying that there’s now more replies is not true. There used to be a lot more. But don’t be disappointed what you hear as I’ve learnt that many many tines. hope you not just hoping and expecting any improvements as I’ve found out to myself many times on here. There was a member who was always praising the RSPB who is opinion could do no wrong! As a pragmatic person I wont just praise for praises sake. If something that I think needs saying, I will do that. Over the years on the rare occasions the culling of certain wildlife species such as Deer at Leighton Moss because of the damage to the wetland area and reedbed area I’ve accepted that also the culling of Grey Squirrels by various county wildlife trust as well many decades ago the culling of seals had to be done on the Farne Islands had to be done! Difficult decisions have to be made at times at wildlife reserves.. Some of the views at times get over sentimental at times in my view!

Regards,

Ian.

i know what and who you are talking about cause i was there when you discussed it but not everyone does that. im not that sort of person either. not everyome is. when it comes to feedback on improvements i domt tell people want they want to hear or praise for the sake of praseing  i tell them what it is and i will point it out weather something needs to be improved if it does, what can be improved if it meeds to be and what doesnt. but im not giving feedback on if theres been any improvements or not though. im just  saying from someone who only just started in January last year that so far  i have found them to be very helpful contact wise.and they have been very helpful to us recently on a few threads. in fact they have responded to a few threads recently . and one they solved a broken www. link issue on and this one they gave us more information and answered our question about the change and the community if it will afect it or not even if they used to be more active years ago before i was even around its better than having no presence in this community at all and not getting any responses from them at all so i apreciate what they have been doing recently. 

back to the topic at present. there is a issue with the quick links at the bottom of the page that needs fixing so hopefully theres a way to solve the problom but either way hopefuly  the RSPB will respond it could be a situation of needimg to comtact them difectly. it might be worth giving it a week or two and then if they havnt come back to us contact them directly so that they become aware of the problom sooner if they are not aware of the problom yet. if not it might be a good idea to comtact them directly now so that they become aware of the problom a lot sooner 

• Question for you you! Was it one of the management that replied. Or one of the junior members of staffs. Nothing against any ,members of staff. When you phone up at the RSPB headquarters of any department it always is a junior member of staff. Because many times you will get a reply by email from a junior member of staff. When I’ve emailed direct to some of the management at the RSPB’s headquarters at the Lodge reserve by email and then a reply, your optimism might be different as I have found out!

Regards,

Ian.

• Zo Clark said:

back to the topic at present. there is a issue with the quick links at the bottom of the page that needs fixing so hopefully theres a way to solve the problom but either way hopefuly  the RSPB will respond it could be a situation of needimg to comtact them difectly. it might be worth giving it a week or two and then if they havnt come back to us contact them directly so that they become aware of the problom sooner if they are not aware of the problom yet. if not it might be a good idea to comtact them directly now so that they become aware of the problom a lot sooner 

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Manual End of Quote because the software does not work as it should and replies make more sense if a break is enclosed

To be honest, it is their website and they should test every link themselves - its called taking ownership and its not rocket science.

• Zo Clark said:

I have managed to successfully quote the passage Bob!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:

Zo Clark said:

I have managed to successfully quote the passage Bob!

thats good I dont know why it doesnt put the quote in the box sometimes. theres another problom where the sofware doesnt allways send quotes at all but one of the reasons fir that is normaly cause [/quote the bracket on the end is missing but it works if you add the bracket thats missing. its not necerserily the case it has been edited out. i dont ever edit any of the brackets out and yet still it comes up with missing brackets sonetines and sometimes it doesnt its just a case of puting the missing bracket for the quote to send. 

of course the problom Bobs retired is having i have sometimes aswell where it doesnt allways put quotes in the box but does send them. i dont know why it does that at the moment but at least it works sometimes. it would be a pain if it didnt ever put it in the box at all every time you quote someone. its good that it worked for you when you gave it a try. 

• Bobs_Retired said:

“ To be honest, it is their website and they should test every link themselves - its called taking ownership and its not rocket science.”

thats true. so could be they havnt checked them. or it could also be they dont check them unless people report a problom with the links. it could also be that there atention is mainly on the main website cause there after feedback on if theres any probloms that come up or anything is missing due to changing it until they have conpleted. it  also might be there not necaserily be exspecting a issue to happen with links in the community and so not thought to check the links here cause of that. 

• Zo Clark said:

Bobs_Retired said:

“ To be honest, it is their website and they should test every link themselves - its called taking ownership and its not rocket science.”

thats true. so could be they havnt checked them. or it could also be they dont check them unless people report a problom with the links. it could also be that there atention is mainly on the main website cause there after feedback on if theres any probloms that come up or anything is missing due to changing it until they have conpleted. it  also might be there not necaserily be exspecting a issue to happen with links in the community and so not thought to check the links here cause of that. 

Ive been a member of this forum for so long now. I expect the planned improvements will be worse. And so far they are.  At the moment it’s just as I expected. I’ve seen this happen time after time over the years with upgrades. Not just on the community. But also now on the new look RSPB website. I’ll wait and see if parts of the website on the reserve listing that have disappeared in this upgrade and hopefully will be quickly put back on this website But I suspect if that does happen it will be a long period of time before that happens if it actually does!

Regards,

Ian.

• Zo Clark said:
    Bobs_Retired said:

End of quote ***********************************************************************************************************

They clearly haven't checked or they would have fixed them. It is their main website they are having problems with.

• We all know that! But important parts of the reserve listings are now missing and not just that this upgrade what I expected and whether anything gets done, I have doubts. I’ve been a member of this forum to know this would happen. As this has happened time after time not just on this forum.

Regards,

Ian.