SAD NEWS ROBBO IS GONE

I regret to inform you all that Robbo has been nuked once again...perhaps when things go wrong on here it's best NOT to contact head office as they seem to just make things worse.

Well I for one will be contacting them at head office to cancel my membership .

Take care all

Look after the birds 

X

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Unfortunately, it sometimes ends with people having tantrums about their dunnock photo not being a dunnock

in case it’s of interest to you heres a screenshot I sent on the technical threads post last year. Me, Robbo and Seymour commented on it . Certain comments were   deleated for some reason This  is what the dunnock poster had to say. It was too high in the trees to be a dunnock but it wasn’t just that it was too high in the trees they said it was also very gray with no black at all and  so isn’t a dunnock they are convinced  

and there you have it after that they went and asked for there acount to be deleated 

• OK, I'm new here, but one thing is for certain, I'm more than glad to have left the battleground that has kept a roof over mine and my family's heads plus food on the table. I certainly didn't expect to leave one battleground for another.

During the last twenty years or so, I've encountered an increasing number of people who just will not accept they can be wrong, which is not conducive to progress. Even to the point I was at the stage of jump or be pushed, and very recently so. Needless to say, I jumped, and had a nice soft landing, called a pension.

I don't really know Robbo (I'm presuming this is the same as itsarobbo), but my short and few exchanges have been more than positive, likewise with the few of you who I have exchanged comments with, positive.

Yesterday, 30th August, I enjoyed a long overdue trip out and met up with a very pleasant chap I'd encountered on my first visit to the very same reserve, and we had a very interesting conversation about forums. I'm beginning to think he was not wrong.

Surely, this, a place which has a wealth of combined knowledge, combined experience and many other useful tools, to share observations, ask questions, share answers and resolve queries in an informal and pleasant manner, with the aim to understand nature and help to improve natures survival rates in this modern, and not so pleasant world.

Now for the curious among you, I am curious, have a look at some of the very recently new posters......   Wink

regards

John

• Unknown said:

Now for the curious among you, I am curious, have a look at some of the very recently new posters......   

They're not all me! Honest!

• stealthybutnotthatstealthy said:

They're not all me! Honest!

Wink 

regards

John

• You know he's back don't you ......... just quietly to avoid alerting the powers that be. Don't go resigning from the RSPB yet.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• But for how long this time  ......lol ,-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Did robbo ever find out why his original account was deleted,?
    I've just heard from HQ about my other account and it has them baffled.
    All the past six years of my peregrine posts have gone and now my account too.

• Phew Good to see you, but yes so sad ,re our Peregrines, are they going to revive them at some time?

• It has got them baffled Kate, they are going to escalate my problem to higher ups and hope to see if they can do an account reload, if not then I'm afraid everything will be gone.
  • Doh!! lets not even think that,
    I cant bear to think all those years work and wonderful photo references gone in a puff.

Grr!!!! so "Fingers and everything else crossed, not been erased "