Garden Party In The Rain

So got woken up this morning as always with Maggie taken refuge from the rain on the ensuite windowsill...pecking away at the webs...so got up to move him on then was just gonna jump back in bed but as always I can't resist a look out into the garden...wow....the birds were having a part but forgot to invite me!!!

Straight doon stairs kettle on blinds/curtains open..scared away a few bird but time a got myself settled with coffee and camera....they were all flying about like mad...a didn't know where to point 1st....

Pics ain't great as all taken through patio doors :-(

The young bullies

Couldn't manage all 3 together

Youngish BBs

Had 3 of them also..not that they liked each other much!

Next up chiffblers...well you can decided lol

I think they may all be chiffchaff...young and adult 

The usual crowd now

Wee Dunnock in the cage!

Yeah ano ano am boring the backside off you all now but just one more to add to my list of Garden visitors 

So delighted I spotted it

A Common Whitethroat...woohoo

Oh it's been a while since I have had a garden party like that and now to add the Whitethroat to my list!!!

Thanks all for looking...

Hope you enjoyed as much as I did ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• So is that just a phoenix now you need for the full UK compliment of birds, Linda? Joy Always fab to get a newbie... Thanks for sharing Grin
  • Linda257 said:
    Yeah ano ano am boring the backside off you all now

Not even slightly!  You have a lovely garden with even lovelier visitors and I've really enjoyed looking at them all!  Too bad your alarm magpie didn't pose for you but they're better in sunlight anyway.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• A wonderful crowd Linda, you're so fortunate to have such an array of different species but you have worked hard in setting up a great area for them! Long may it carry on for us all to share!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well, the early morning wake-up call was well worth it. What a lovely selection of visitors and a newbie. The berries on your rowan tree are very orange, mine are a dull red, they will brighten up.

By the way, "Rocky Robin" is a daily regular. Started to speak and ditt to him, shake the week pot with the suet pieces and crushed balls, to get him used to me. Next day he would land a foot or so away and fly, nearer to the pot, but not take any, next wee while he flew to the pot and took a piece, with me holding the pot. Next day, back again, flew straight from the bush to the bunker top, waiting, put some in my hand this time, he had a few attempts and looks then eventually flew on to my hand a took a piece! Later on, he took a piece from my fingers. Now he is so cheeky, he lands on the kitchen window ledge, comes into the garage, if I am sitting he flys up and sits on my left leg leg and will fly to the other to take suet from my hand. He will sit on my hand and take a few pieces, and I can actually lower my hand and he stays. I swear he knows the sound of the pot and my voice. He's so trusting and it only took 3 days. I must try and get hubby to get some photos with my tablet.

Sorry to highjack your thread. Heart

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Super collection! Lovely to see young bullfinches.
  • Wow, more variety in your garden than some reserves Grinning

• Cheeky sod lol...amazing to get a newbie PB...well a have waited rather a while for one ;-)

• Aw thanks Clare..glad you liked them.... maggies turned up in force today all 10 of them! ....I do like taking photos of them in the sun but been a while since been any sun here lol

• Thanks Wendy....about of love as the say...and lots of back ache lol...totally different this morning with the maggies trying to claim the garden...not on my watch...still got rain though lol

• Oh wow well done you CL...you must be chuffed tae bits.....you must get hubby to take pics to show us your new wee pal...Rocky ;-)