In My Garden 2023

Another year been gone went!!! 

Last years here

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/278719/in-my-garden-2022

I wonder what exciting wildlife shall show up in the garden this year

So to kick off 2023 in my garden  a couple of wee cuties from this morning (a cold and Frosty one)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely updates, good pictures the new camera is taking or is it the operator behind it!! Heart eyes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• That’s a very nice video I Exspeacially like the part where they all fly off together 

• Thanks CL...its all the camera as I was chatting to a lovely man yesterday at the Haugh and he is off to Africa and he is buying the same camera as mine to take with him instead of all his big lens and camera he has at present so it must be good...probably even better when you know how to use it lol

• Thanks Zo...think something scared them at that point when they flew off

• Maybe. I find sometimes when birds flock it’s not allways that something has scared them that’s not to say that  with the ones in the video that that wasn’t the case though cause sometimes something can scare flocks when they flock together. I find sometimes when birds gather somewhere or on something specifically they  just decide to flock off together suddenly even when there’s nothing to scare them. though Iv mainly observed Starling, Jackdaw, Rook, and gull flocks and havnt had the opportunity to see lots of  Magpies flock together like you get yet.

• I do tent to watch them gather every day Zo..its like they all meet up in the trees then have a game of Tig or Tag whichever you prefer..hoping from one branch to another. That was the 3rd time they had gathered yesterday ..sometimes the gulls scare them off or if the foxes are close by they tend to know there will be food soon and will land next to the fox..had about 20 in the garden surrounding the fox looking for a scrap. Always lovely to see them gather then fly off to their beds for the night as they can be rather noisy at times!

• Thats interesting. I find the part about the fox Fox funny but Magpies can be very clever.

I only get 2 or 3 but they mainly jump around and get on each other’s nerves or cause mischief and work together to do things they shouldn’t be doing but that are quiet entertaining to watch I have also seen the tig tag game aswell where they chase each other around everywhere. They get on each other’s nerves a lot though sometimes I wonder weather they actually want to chase each other sometimes the ones here act like there pestering each other and try to do things to get the other Magpie to chase them but screaming at each other in a rattly fashion in the process before hopping again to get the other to chase and sometimes they even act like there trying to tell each other to go away while other times they both apear to enjoy it.

I think sometimes one might want to play chase while the other doesn’t so gets annoyed but the other it’s telling to go away wont listen so they both anoy each other until they get bored. They can be very curious though they like to check random things out on the roof and things around the area and see how it works

• Nice to see the bullfinches Linda, and the lollipops too.

I've been enjoying life a little too much, hence the absence, plenty of lollipops, some barnies, but no bullfinches, which are supposed to be quite prolific......

• Thanks Mike....life is to be enjoyed ;-)