RSPB Loch Leven Visit

So after seeing your post last week DB we got up this morning and decided to head to Kinross as the weather outlook seemed better than ours at home and a really wanted to get a good photo of a red squirrel. 

So didny happen lol

Oh and it was bucketing doon soon after we arrived lol

But there was a glimmer of hope when the blue started to come thru the clouds

Mental!!

If you ever come across this should you visit be prepared for a very steep hike!!!

Hope you've recovered from yours DB...I am dreading tomorrow when I wake lol

Was a lovely view though

Would have been nice if wildlife was at the top as a reward lol

Back down wasn't much easier!!

Just got back to the car in time before another downpour!

I think if we ever return we shall take the easier option of the 30 mile walk round loch leven lol

That's all folks. 

Thanks for looking ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Great photos Linda and the scenery is beautiful and love the 7th photo down that’s a gorgeous photo.
    Hope you didn’t get too wet.
  • Well done, Linda. You did much better than me with the wildlife! I think the red squirrels there are super active. I saw a few but they were dashing about.
    Hope you're not too sore today. I thought the woodland trail wouldn't be too steep because the leaflet said there was a steeper route. I wouldn't like to try that one!
    Thanks for sharing the photos. I would like to go back in spring or summer and see what it's like then.
  • Thanks ILR....Nah just made it to a hide in time before a huge downpour

• Thanks DB..I wasn't too happy with all the fences around the wetlands and was full of wains for Halloween hunt!! Only was the one pond that had all the Teal in it the rest was taken at the loch....My backs breaking today lol...a dont believe there is a steeper rout...everything a got to the top of a set of steps ?..nearly there but sooooo wasn't...had to continue though ofcourse. A will let you make the return visit...not sure I will be returning ;-)

• Fabulous pictures Linda, the scenery is terrific. Well done you on all the walking, hope you are rested now. Great shot of the red squirrel on it's way across the branch. You don't need another camera with pics like that of the Robin and Chaffie :-)

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor....a guess the trek to the top was worth it just for the scenery....hubby got better footage of the red squirrels as he filmed them...squirrels are his thing lol.....the Robin and chaffie were pretty close and the lighting was just right for them pics ;-)

• Fabulous photos Linda, I especially love the swans and the robin, such a clear picture! And you did see the squirrel !
    I'm hoping to get to Loch Garten this summer, (kicking myself for not doing it last summer). Thank you for sharing these with us
  • Thanks Tigerss....oh I certainly saw the squirrel just couldn't follow it with the camera quick enough lol....Hope you get to Loch Garten ;-)