Trailway, With Hopefully Better Settings!

So after the debacle that was a months worth of trips out and many, MANY rubbish pictures, I went with the "reset shooting menu to factory settings" option, and decided to do smaller tweaks as and when I felt necessary, rather than the "these are the settings for wildlife you should use" option.

Some autumnal red to start

A kerfuffle in the hedgerow caught my attention, and two thrushes were the culprits!

More wintery goodness, waiting to be eaten... or turned into a syrup!

As always, I was frequently told off by Robins

I heard a rustling in the tree, but didn't know what it was.... until I got home and looked closely at the beady eye, watching me

I'm thinking Coal Tit, but not 100% sure if the black cap isn't shadow... or could it be a Blackcap, as the eye extends below the cap?

Throughout the walk Long Tailed Tits jibber-jabbered about me, but rarely pausing to be photographed

It was still early, and dewy, and sparkly stuff always catches my eye... Kate Stuck out tongue winking eye

I was pleased to see Chaffies along the Trailway, because I hadn't on my earlier walks, and was a bit concerned. To be honest, I'm still concerned as they are far fewer than in previous years, and also I've seen no Greenfinch at all, and barely half a dozen Goldfinch

Mmmmm, winter bird food!!

It's still party time, with the fun guys!

My highlight of the walk now... Bully resplendent against the blue sky

In the field, off to my left, 5 deer were enjoying a lie-in, or an early morning siesta, but quite separate from each other... quite odd!

There are still a few bees about, along with other stripy/stingy/buzzy things

A view along the pathway that is this part of the North Dorset Trailway

Looks too pale to me, but Google Lens says Dunnock?

I've lost my bearings a bit, but this is either Hod Hill or Hambledon Hill, where I have been known to scale on butterfly hunts!

More shininess!

and again, with the architect

One of them there chiffblers! Unfortunately there was no song to help!

And finally, Maggie in all its monochrome glory

Personally I'm much happier with the overall quality of the pictures, having changed the settings, with many more "keepers" and much less "noise" in the images.

Hope you liked my sunny day out, and as always ID corrections/confirmations are always welcome

Stay Safe All