Dashed over to the seaside to see the Risso Dolphins that had returned apparently - Shall we call these part of Gaynor's Rambles - A few additions from yesterday 1.10.22

No I know this is a seal,  but it could have been a Risso's 

Gannet

Gannet - OK it's not a Risso's but first time I have managed to get a Gannet so I was chuffed

Ha, could be four here

The ponies were waiting too

Thought the brown one looked a little bored

View across the bay from Point Lynas, sorry no Dolphins, well one did surface only to disappear and after waiting for two hours

I decided to leave.    They probably returned after 4.00 knowing my luck.

Bye for now

Lot to learn

• Lovely seal photos to compliment the initial post.

• What lovely scenic shots Gaynor and despite missing out on the dolphins you captured the Gannets and the ponies really well. Weather looked fab too.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Mike, yes that little seal with it's beautiful white fur was really good to see, my grandson took some fab pics of it, he ventured further down the cliff than me!!
    Thanks Hazy, it was a lovely weekend with smashing weather, so we made the best out of it with a couple of trips around and about.

Lot to learn

• Let's see if I can add this latest walk on here, a trip over to Malltraeth Cob just in case the Osprey was still around yesterday.

The tide was coming in and it was a lovely walk, no Osprey but I managed a few pics

Cormorant, is it immature?

I watched it take off and it flew overhead so I couldn't not take a chance

I followed these in flight too, think they are Linnets

Wrong order, after flying over it took a drink :-)

Pintail ? I'm hopeless with waders

Will add a few more tomorrow, have to go now for dinner with family

bye for now

Lot to learn

• Lovely set Gaynor and plenty of sightings; look forward to the rest but meanwhile, enjoy your dinner with the family :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Carry on rambling and posting Gaynor...enjoying your pics very much ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Brilliant additions Gaynor, and looking forward to the continuation. Hope you all enjoyed the dinner.

• Thanks you all very much, yes I had a lovely dinner, a birthday celebration.   The trouble is the older these Grandchildren become the older I am too!!!!!   Never mind, it led to three nights away babysitting so am back home now and will add a few more of the pics I took that day near Newborough on the walk across the Cob.

Curlew, one lonesome

Linnets I believe, plus the Egret and upside down Swan

More of the Linnets having a flypast

Young Swan, I thought it was a Goose but spoke to a young man who put me right :-)

Also could these be Curlew Sandpiper? there were supposed to be about five around, playing with the Dunlin

Not clear photos I know but the best I could do.

Had to go back and insert these Linnets when they landed

I was chatting to this young man about the Osprey that had been in the area, he had been over to the Spinnies and showed me a couple of the pics he had taken, along with myriads of other folk all with the big lens apparently., the Osprey was over there and what a terrific bird it is, so glad to have seen such pictures.  By the way, this gentleman had only spent a day with Iolo Williams up in Scotland - I am still green :-)

Such is life, - good ain't it :-)

Lot to learn

• Glad you had a lovely family get-together with family birthday celebrations; so nice to see these latest photos and birds as goes to show what a fantastic variety of species you get on Anglesey. Thanks for these Gaynor.

Regards, Hazel