Afternoon at my Usual Stomping Ground

So managed to finish work earlyish and get out whilst it was still dry.

Although we visit the Haugh often we always find a different route each time....

Which led us to find Inspector Gadgets Legs ....

Oldest tree in North Lanarkshire apparently 

Didn't even Know it was there...so close to my 2nd home aswell lol

And this wee guy stopped for a pic or 2 on the wind vane

Bottoms up..

Ready for take off

Then it was off down to the river.. no much in that river lol

The proper one ...The Clyde

Aww

A quick look in the hide...thats been knocked down!

And back to the river.....

.....my luck was in again...not with the camera ofcourse but just to be able to stand and watch the Kingfishers zoom up and down and at one point perched just below us for a second lol

Still managed a couple of pics though

It's smiling at me lol or more like laughter me!!!

I could have sat and watched them all day had my belly not started to rumble and still had the hike all the way back uphill to the car...relief when I made it although Imay have been dragged up the last part lol

It was Chinese for dinner incase your interested...I didn't have the energy to cook lol

Thanks all for looking, hope you enjoyed ;-)

• I just love that tree Linda it's a great pity it cannot write its own life story I'm sure that it would be a best seller with some of us. You seem to be having better success than us with Kingfishers, we are seeing or hearing them quite often but always just passing at top speed. I'm sure they fly faster than the jets from our local RAF base
  • If only trees and wildlife could talk eh lol...well not sure how much longer I shall be seeing our Kingies for as just read they are going to close the footpath off that I regularly see them on due to erosion...hope they put in place some other viewing point then as am sure it will be a huge disappointment to birders and even just walkers who walk right round the estate..

Unless they install a brick wall I cant see how they are gonna close it off with success!!...only time will tell I guess

• Great set Linda and even though you didn't get clear views of the Kingie it is still a lovely bird to get. The old tree is amazing and as mentioned I wonder how many stories it could tell ! After all that walking you deserved a take-away-meal and thanks for posting up your sightings including the wonderful scenery.
  • Really nice series of pictures.
    There really is something so calming about reading a post like this and seeing the sights talked about.
    It feels like I went for a little trip myself.
    Nice to see cygnets . There hasn't been any from the pair near me for the past two years.

Take care all.

Tony
  • Well done Linda great photos of the kingfishers
    Looks like you had a lovely day.
    Enjoy your Chinese tonight you deserve it.
  • That will be a shame if they have to close down the path you take to see those Kingies Linda, wonderful views you had and seeing three makes me so envious. Just imagine what you could do with that pile of bricks!!!!! plenty of b & b's for instance:-) Good shots of the Swallow too, glad to see the Clyde is still holding plenty of water for the birds,
  • A fabulous set of photos Linda, and what a fascinating old tree to see.

I wonder if it's worth contacting the guardians of the reserve to see if they have or even considering any plans to ease the footpath erosion other than just closing it.

• Thanks Hazel, got plenty clear views with my eyes just not the camera lol
  • Aww thanks Tony...glad you enjoyed...plenty cygnets up here in all the parks I have been to.....in one park a pair of swans had 10!!!
  • Thanks ILR...yes it was a nice afternoon out and the curry finished it off nicely ;-)