Norfolk Bee-eaters.

Last Friday we finally made the 90 minute drive up to the North Norfolk Coast to see the nesting Bee-eaters at Trimmingham. Now that they have young at two nests they are a very reliable sighting, if somewhat distant. They regularly perch on power lines and dive off in search of food and it's not just Bees.

They come back up to the power line with their catch, make necessary adjustments, such as knocking a Bee's sting off then swoop over to their nest in a nearby sand bank.

They also try to fit in with the locals.

Not worrying about a passing Buzzard, there was also a Hobby about but I didn't get a shot of that.

Sometime they would dive straight down for a Bee, there was a nest nearby we were told.

Every now and then one would land further up the wires towards us, allowing a bit better pictures, but they are all very heavily cropped.

Thankfully it was mostly sunny so despite the heavy cropping I managed better pictures than I feared. We were there in the morning and again in the afternoon after the local RSPB guide directed us to the best local fish and chips for lunch.

Best wishes,

Trevor