Bambi's and Lamsie's at Charlecote Park, oh and not forgetting the feathered house martins Wed 15th June

The first of two outings last week while enjoying the good weather, was to Charlecote Park, a National Trust not too far from home, where they have among their stock are red and fallow deer along with jacob sheep.

However, the timing wasn't overly clever, the jacob lambs had been born some weeks back and were growing  fast, while the fallow fawns were as you'd expect, just starting and being very secluded.

But, a day out is never wasted, there's always something to see no matter what.

The morning started quite nicely, no spectacular sunrise, but the contrails did look photogenic nonetheless.

The long walkable drive down to Charlecote House and Parkland

Charlecote Gatehouse

Charlecote House

I did say there's always something to see, and on my visit, I'd completely forgotten about the house martins, which were well and truly feeding their broods.

Some were building nests

And not quite what I'd come to see, the backside of a fallow deer!

Now this is more like it, fallow deer does with manners....

It was a hot day, so who could blame these deer for sheltering....

That was the end of the Bambi pics, now for the lambsie pics....

I'd timed it wrong, the jacob sheep were being herded up, but I still managed to get some piccies...

But I still managed to get a piccie of a ewe and her lambs

More house martin piccies,

And swallows as well, not something I've seen at Charlecote before, though I'm sure it isn't something new

Last but not least, a house martin nest in the gatehouse archway

That was the end of a superb morning at Charlecote.

Thanks for viewing

• What an impressive building that is and the grounds around it; good to see all the hirundines and hoping they've all had a very successful season in this perfect habitat for them.

• More loveliness Mike... I think I might have to petition Mrs PR for you to be allowed more days out lol. I bet 80% of the visitors were unaware of the Martins just above their heads
    Something tells me the last Fallow had spotted you lol
  • Unknown said:

What an impressive building that is and the grounds around it; good to see all the hirundines and hoping they've all had a very successful season in this perfect habitat for them.

It is a fabulous tudor origin house that has become stuck in the Victorian era, and the grounds are superb, especially now they've opened up the parkland.

• PimperneBloke said:
    More loveliness Mike... I think I might have to petition Mrs PR for you to be allowed more days out lol. I bet 80% of the visitors were unaware of the Martins just above their heads

Something tells me the last Fallow had spotted you lol

A lot of folk today don't look very far, and often not much further than their phone screen.

Access is pretty easy, only a few miles from the M40.

As for the fallow deer spotting me, they saw me before I saw them, they looked toward me as they were coming out of the bushes....

I must take that Harry Potter Invisible Cloak back for a refund! Grinning

• Don’t worry even though you sent lots of photos they arnt boring. In fact there very good photos. And they make you want to see what the next good one is. there all very good photos but I think the sky, the House Martin Swallow and deer photos are good action shots 

• Zo Clark said:

Don’t worry even though you sent lots of photos they arnt boring. In fact there very good photos. And they make you want to see what the next good one is. there all very good photos but I think the sky, the House Martin Swallow and deer photos are good action shots 

Thank you Zo.

For yourself, Charlecote would be up the M5, M42 M40 and it is only around a ten minute drive from the M40. Though I'm sure there are similar places around your home county.