Few more of the Jackdaw in the garden today

I saw them at the bath/water stand and thought it might get hectic

I have been used to the Starlings having a splash but this is the first with the larger birds :-)

This youngster went in a few times, enjoying itself immensly

He is even laughing in this one!!

This is mine, all mine

Of course the magpie had to have a go too, but didn't make the water

All done folk, and it rained again this afternoon, funny old weather, sunny now so might do a little outside again.  I had a walk looking for butterflies earlier - saw about four, will put anything slightly good up later.

Lot to learn

• Here we go, not very good but at least I walked :-)

A nice open winged Meadow Brown, one of three I saw today only.

Here is the second, of course the inevitable bit of grass wanting it's pic taken

Yes I know it is dark, but can you see the little bits of feather sticking up on the head - that depicts a robin :-)

and hiding away here we have a Thrush

bit bigger

I love this, you don't know what you have taken until you get them on the computer and can really look!!!

A'h,  a Speckled Wood

A treeful of corvids

That decided to fly away, so a few photos in flight which I managed quite well I think!!!

That's all, (thank heavens do I hear)  

Peace will reign until I go up to LMoss soon, then who knows.....

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Just love those fabulous and comical Jackdaws - great photos captures Gaynor, those juveniles look so mischievous. LOL . Also lovely to see the beautiful butterflies and birds you encountered on your walk and the flock of corvids taking flight. We're also looking forward to our trip to LM in a weeks time and catching up :) the last weeks have flown by !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely collection Gaynor, great to see your Jackdaws having a good splash! Only seeing White butterflies at mine so far, think your flight shots are good! Looking forward to your pics from LM!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Them jackdaws are just adorable and must be so entertaining to watch....keep them pics coming Gaynor ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Brilliant photos Gaynor, and nice to see the youngsters splashing around.

I was up at RSPB Conwy on Friday, (report and photos to follow), mainly hoping to see the six spot burnet moth, which likes sun and heat, but the wind was a bit too fierce, and had that 'rain to come' feel about it.

• Thanks everybody, there was a missing pic of a Meadow Brown - how dare they!!!, it's bad enough seeing so few these days.
    I saw a Burnet moth at the top of the Orme on Thursday Mike where I met up with old friends, didn't take my camera as it was a meet and chat this time.
    Hope you have all had a nice day today, it has been really hot here with no wind. Of course I had a busy day inside playing table tennis and then uke, so of course tomorrow will probably rain :-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Thanks everybody, there was a missing pic of a Meadow Brown - how dare they!!!, it's bad enough seeing so few these days.

I saw a Burnet moth at the top of the Orme on Thursday Mike where I met up with old friends, didn't take my camera as it was a meet and chat this time.
    Hope you have all had a nice day today, it has been really hot here with no wind. Of course I had a busy day inside playing table tennis and then uke, so of course tomorrow will probably rain :-)

Noted on the Burnet moth. The reserve staff felt it may have been a little too early, though I have found a photo from May time.

I've not been on the Orme properly for a long time. Friday's visit was brilliant, as always, though I'll not be posting tonight, its too late, bed time beckons after too many early mornings, when I say early, I'm waking around 03:30 with the early daylight and bird song, and always a pleasant wakening irrespective. So keep an eye out over the next day or two.