Scottish Dolphin Centre, Spey Bay 19th May

• In reply to Mike B:

It was a good trip Mike but very windy, I still need to check my notes to check what we did see

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Super stuff Mike... some real contenders for the photobombing thread with your martins and swallows lol
  • Wow yet another lovely visit Mike, having a job here keeping up with your great posts ️ Glad you have a worthwhile trip.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    It was a good trip Mike but very windy, I still need to check my notes to check what we did see

I look forward to reading your report.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:
    Super stuff Mike... some real contenders for the photobombing thread with your martins and swallows lol

Thanks PB.

Probably a good time to give the photobombing thread a bit of a boost.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:
    Wow yet another lovely visit Mike, having a job here keeping up with your great posts ️ Glad you have a worthwhile trip.

LOL

Thank you.

That's the last for a wee while.

Someone did mention they'd noticed my absence, and my reply was along the lines, I'm back with vengeance LOL

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Hi Mike,

Caught up with this at last, we appear to have been standing in virtually the same place as you a month earlier and had similar weather with quite a few showers.

Great action shots of the Martins and Swallows on the wing. It was one of our favourite locations on our Scottish trip, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did

Thanks for posting.

Trevor

• In reply to TJS:

You're welcome, and thank you for reading and replying.

I think it is a fabulous place, and would love it on my doorstep (Mrs PR wouldn't cos she'd never see me, but at least she would know where I am  ). I never managed to venture far, but the bits I did get to were awesome. it looks like the walk upstream would be a very fabulous walk, likewise walking back along the road inland.

It's definitely on my list for a return visit next time we're up that way, dolphins or no dolphins, and the cafe (which may have been closed when you were there) is perfect.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler