Scottish Dolphin Centre, Spey Bay 19th May

Two visits were made to the Scottish Dolphin Centre at Spey Bay, the first, Monday 16th May, was a wet day, too wet to get the camera out and served as a reccie, and a worthwhile visit it was too.

Though wet, and we didn't see dolphins or porpoises, we did see an osprey and a seal, most likely a common seal, among other species as well.

A weblink for those who want to find out more is: https://dolphincentre.whales.org/

A return visit was on the cards, for a drier day at least, and taking into consideration the cafe was closed Tuesday and Wednesday every week, it was to be Thursday 19th, which turned out to be a nice sunny day.

Though a dolphin and porpoise centre, they do have a statue of an osprey with a salmon in tis talons.

The first sighting was this magnificent looking dunnock, watching over the car park.

The bay itself was magnificent, well, in my eyes it was, with or without the sun, and overall my kind of place to wander around, a nice mix of coast, estuary and inland.

and looking up the River Spey,

There were a couple of very sleek looking birds in the sky....

A  pair of RAF Typhoons returning to nearby RAF Lossiemouth (affectionately known as RAF Lossie locally)

Back to nature, my guess, a common orchid, but I welcome any corrections

More orchids and some gorse among others..

And for some delicate as well as sleek looking birds, a goldfinch

the house martins and swallows were busy...

A pied wagtail

and on a picnic bench seat, waiting to nip down for some crumbs....

A jackdaw with a dodgy leg, looking splendid against the yellow backdrop of gorse

A rook looking a bit ruffled in the strong breeze

More house martins and swallows....

You can make out the insect about to be taken...

There was a lot of activity, and it was a brilliant day.