Saturday Morning Stroll at Barons Haugh

Well when a say a stroll more like a struggle...terrible back problems the now and stupidly thought a walk in the wilderness would take the edge off...och anyway nae point moaning about it just gotta get on with it. 

So was 1st met with lots of song and a treecreeper ...its there somewhere

Buzzards me think

Lots of deer running around which was nice to see

One of them warblers!!!

I must have spent about 20 mins trying to get pics of them 

I honestly think they were singing let's take the mick out of Linda lol

Then one of PBs friend was sat beautifully  on a branch in the river

All that posing must have been tiring

Mrs Goosander passed by

As did all the gorgeous wee ducklings ..all 9 of them!!!

A lovely lone swan

Always a Cyril

Didn't even know I captured this one...the speed of it!!

Some colour!!!

Mm me thinks he was seeking food from nests

And that was my morning out. Hope you all enjoyed.

POST EDIT...PLEASE HELP TO PUT AN NAME TO MY ELUSIVE SINGER..WARBLER NO DOUBT!!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4fFAB_gSc&feature=share

• Sorry you are suffering back pain Linda and you certainly went above and beyond to bring us back these wonderful photos and sightings which is much appreciated. Nice to see the warbler and will leave it to the experts to ID. I've not been able to spend much time enjoying the great outdoors recently so it's a real bonus to share your adventures on here and see these beautiful birds/animals; looked to be plenty around and the weather isn't bad at the moment so long may it last ! Looks a lovely area to walk and always special to see a treecreeper and also the newly fledged mallard and moorhen youngsters. Now get yourself a cuppa, grab your garden chair and rest that back ! hope you feel pain free soon, thanks again for your efforts.
  • Aww thanks Hazel...It's the 1st I have been out in a while but was nice to be out and about again....won't be too long before your back out doing what you love with a fresh set of eyes lol....I am actually on my 3rd coffee sitting in my summerhouse as we are getting out new windows and doors installed and the house is freezing!!! Thank goodness I have a few cozy warm outbuildings to choose from ;-)
  • Good luck with the new windows and doors installation and what a bonus to have your summerhouse to relax in with your cup of coffee; wish I lived nearer. LOL.

• Thanks Hazel...already day 3 and only 5 windows installed and already things are going wrong...God its so stressful...now I know why we went away for the week the last time we got new windows and a garage conversion!!!!!
    I think that coffee will soon be turning to alcohol at this rate lol
  • Lovely varied selection Linda....nearly as many as in the "reserve"!!
    I'm glad you caught the Cormorants green eyes... it's their favourite feature, y'know!

Thanks for sharing.....and indulge in some medicinal alcohol.... says Dr PB lol
  • Lol....Thanking you Dr PB...
    I never realised your dinosaurs were so beautiful up close ;-)
  • Wow Linda that looks a terrific venue, so much variety, and your photos are great, The swift or swallow is a good photo too. Love the Deer, and the nine ducklings and proud Mum. Hope your back gets better soon.
    I shall look forward to seeing your photos on your next visit,
  • Linda257 said:
    beautiful up close

You mean you don't zoom in on the pictures I post?? Shame on you...it's not as if I post long and winding missives LOL

• Missed this post, hope your back is better now Linda, , and all your doors and windows installed, luckily you have the summerhouse to sit in while keeping warm the weather isn't too hot this way unless you are out of the wind. Lovely pics of the walk you took, the youngsters, the cormorant with it's posh plumage and tree creeper all make good watching and always good to see the deer running around.