Kestrel-fest

As promised (threatened) in my thread yesterday ... it was a kestrel lovers delight on Portland, with at least 3 individuals, 2 of which were hunting over a couple of fields, then swooping out over the cliffs, landing on a favoured rock at the bottom (same one 3 or 4 times), then coming back along the landward side of the cliff top, to start the circuit again....

Sorry if you don't like Kestrels....but there was a clue in the title Joy

• Haha..what's not to like...a was gonna say the 7th pic was my favourite then the more a went down....love them all...!!!!
    Thanks again PB....my camera getting a well earned rest....compost piled high and seeds ready to be sewn ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Super photos again PB, it looks like the birds are giving you (and  us) an extra special display to make up for the rubbish weather. Many thanks for sharing them all.

• I reckon he was flat on his back in order to get the 18th pic Linda, but what a set of photos, well done PB. Your doing well for the sunshine and blue skies at the moment.

Lot to learn

• A lovely Kestrel feast PB in beautiful blue skies.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Great bunch of shots there PB,you can never have too many Kestrels

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks all :o)

Linda...how long is that going to last?? You have to much action to fully rest the camera lol
    Gaynor...it was like that video of the penguins in the Antarctic when the helicopter flew over and they toppled over backwards!
    Mike...we're back to grey gloom today, so they'd better start preparing their next display! lol
    CL....at least one of the "blue skies" is the blue sea.... who needs the tropics :o)
    Pete...my opinion too!!

PS I know the penguins in Antarctica didn't really fall over backwards!!

• PimperneBloke said:

Thanks all :o)

Linda...how long is that going to last?? You have to much action to fully rest the camera lol
    Gaynor...it was like that video of the penguins in the Antarctic when the helicopter flew over and they toppled over backwards!
    Mike...we're back to grey gloom today, so they'd better start preparing their next display! lol
    CL....at least one of the "blue skies" is the blue sea.... who needs the tropics :o)
    Pete...my opinion too!!

PS I know the penguins in Antarctica didn't really fall over backwards!!

Same here, after a brilliant weekend, that went topsy turvy in a nice way.

• Hi PB,
    A well recorded set of a great encounter for you, especially the head on shots looking like it's got you in it's sights. Not a view a Vole likes to get as it's probably their last view of anything.
    Well done,
    Trevor