All about insects 2022

I'll get this one started off with a Marmalade Hoverfly  -Episyrphus balteatus

who was enjoying the sunshine and shelter of the patio

Cin J

• I havnt seen much insects today but I saw one in my pot when it filled up with rain the insect wasn’t drowning but rather jumping around on the surface of the water 

• Well that told me Zo, well done in putting me right. Really pleased for you, your getting t know and learning a lot by reading and surfing the internet I would imagine. It’s lovely you are interested in nature in all its forms and long may it continue.

• i love robins said:

Well that told me Zo, well done in putting me right. Really pleased for you, your getting t know and learning a lot by reading and surfing the internet I would imagine. It’s lovely you are interested in nature in all its forms and long may it continue.

Thanks 

I tend to do more reading than surfing Surfer the internet but I do do both sometimes. but I tend to go out and take photos and videos and observe or interact with different types of wildlife  more than read.   You can learn new things just by simply interacting with Nature. 

When I go out in the garden or out and about I don’t use the internet or  take my books out with me cause it feels more wild to me it’s  like camping in a forest or something.  But when I’m out and about with Nature and spend time with it i sometimes come across a species that will teach me something I didn’t know until I had that interaction. I allways used to wonder why Bumblebees make a loud buzzing sound when they fly but when I helped a tired and exhausted Bumblebee and then observed its landing and taking off I found out why. When they start getting there wings going or when they start to take off the wings produces the buzz. And When there wings go fast it’s even louder. When the wings slow down the buzz becomes lower pitched. When they rest there wings it stops. often I send Wildlife photos and videos to Flkr or conservation charity’s that need them aswell as this RSPB Community. 

Im interested in nature in all its forms cause All (Wild) life is part of nature so all Wildlife is important they all play a important role in the ecosystem. Even though they need food water secururity and shelter like Us there  way of life, anatomy and behaviours are very different from ours some can even do things us humans can’t do cause of there way of life. and Wildlife like insects for example can be fascinating 

• I found it on a blind this evening 

Cranefly 

• Thanks. I wasn’t exspecting to get a photo of one but it just turned up on the blind in the kitchen. After I took the photo I noticed there was 3 so to avoid them getting harmed by someone who was in the house that evening that gets annoyed with them when they fly around I had to try and Encourage them to climb onto my hand and then put them outside normaly I just leave be though when the person isn’t there though
  • Stream 

1 November 2022 

Common Drone fly