All about insects 2022

I'll get this one started off with a Marmalade Hoverfly  -Episyrphus balteatus

who was enjoying the sunshine and shelter of the patio

Cin J

• Cheers Zo, I'm not worried about it, just thought we already have a couple of people posting under one thread only, and maybe it would be easier for you to do the same, in fact that is what I think I will be doing too.

Lot to learn

• I have a Wild Bee Hive at the Orchard down the road. I think its interesting they are wild ones and 

Chose this Tree specifically. I have seen proper honey on the walls and everywhere inside 

The hole and they have been nesting in here for a couple of years. 

let’s get down beesness

Sorry no entry us two will be here when you get back

Il take it from here. Getting very congested. Time to keep an eye out at the front 

Dad had a Honey Bee resting on his hat when we left 

• 29 September 2022

Bumblebee Flight Photography

• While seeing things at normal speed is also interesting sometimes it’s even more interesting when you slow 

Them down. I saw a weevil in the garden. I used normal filming to film a weevil. but I thought it would be fun to use slo pro to slow the weevil down so you can see the process of take off and flight. 

Weevils have wing cases that cover the wings underneath to protect them when the wing cases open 

The wings underneath are visible and then it starts takeing off 

• Knat

I spotted it in the Bathroom he or she was flying around looking for an escape  

But gave up and settled on the bath completely still with its wings closed resting. It was exstremely hot, humid and steamy in the bathroom today. I opened the window 

And left it open for him or her for when it’s ready and eventually it went out but I got some really good close ups.

• Firebugs Pyrrhocoris apterus

Harlequins

Cin J

• They're stunners Cin... not seen a firebug before!