Couple from this afternoon - and Saturday morning too.

The Wren are so tiny when you suddenly catch a glimpse of them through the window

She was having a lovely scrounge around the garden, in the pots etc.

Posed prettily and then a bigger bird flew past into the bottom of the bottle bush

Surprise, don't often have the priviledge of a Songthrush

Happily finding what it wanted - not many snails around at the mo.

Didn't see a worm being pulled but evidently she/he could hear one

Leaving me a happy bunny.

• Aww thanks Gaynor....Dipper is STILL on my to see list! So thanks for sharing yours to tide me over until such times ;-)
  • Fabulous additions to the thread Gaynor.

That thrush looked good by the waters edge, and those robins, they get everywhere... Grinning

• Wonderful photos and wonderful memories for you as well. Lucky you with the Dipper, a rarely seen bird (by me at least--lol!) Just being a few along with you if you manage to turn up at LM in June, please!
  • Thank you all, I was so pleased to see the Dipper too, ages since I have spotted one, it must be before this lockdown anyway and that was just a quick glimpse if I remember correctly.
    Blimey Hazy you must be the only person feeding the birds around there if you are feeding that much these days. I am finding the birds pretty hungry but a lot of that are the Starlings that just scoff all in sight whenever the feeder is filled up, they don't bother quite so much with the sunflower seed thank heavens, but love the robin/blackbird food with bits of suet in. Can't believe you haven't come across a Heron Catlady, we had one in the garden years ago that ate all the fish!!!!
    PB that dipper was such a treat to see, the first bird I came across and could hardly believe my eyes. It will be well worth the wait Linda when you get to see one, such a special bird.
    Ann I will point you in the right direction if and when I make LM.
    I suppose here is the place to say that I no longer have my little Sue to think of and stay home for these days, she passed away last November. Hard to cope with after 16 years, but I am taking my camera for walks these days, hence a few more posts.
    So hopefully I will be able to make the trip to LMoss in June and hope to meet up with all the gang.
  • Sorry to hear about your little Sue, Gaynor, 16 years is a long time.  I doubt you will ever forget her.  We realised we are too soppy to have another pet after the demise of the last one.   If you do manage to turn up at LM it will be lovely to see you.  Since we will arrive at LM a few days after Hazel and Mike, you will just have to repeat everything for us once we get there!  (And saying that somehow reminded me of one of my Aunties--she always managed to make us forget anything we might have told her by springing this on us immediately on arrival, "Tell me everything!")

• gaynorsl said:
    Thank you all, I was so pleased to see the Dipper too, ages since I have spotted one, it must be before this lockdown anyway and that was just a quick glimpse if I remember correctly.

Blimey Hazy you must be the only person feeding the birds around there if you are feeding that much these days. I am finding the birds pretty hungry but a lot of that are the Starlings that just scoff all in sight whenever the feeder is filled up, they don't bother quite so much with the sunflower seed thank heavens, but love the robin/blackbird food with bits of suet in. Can't believe you haven't come across a Heron Catlady, we had one in the garden years ago that ate all the fish!!!!
    PB that dipper was such a treat to see, the first bird I came across and could hardly believe my eyes. It will be well worth the wait Linda when you get to see one, such a special bird.
    Ann I will point you in the right direction if and when I make LM.
    I suppose here is the place to say that I no longer have my little Sue to think of and stay home for these days, she passed away last November. Hard to cope with after 16 years, but I am taking my camera for walks these days, hence a few more posts.
    So hopefully I will be able to make the trip to LMoss in June and hope to meet up with all the gang.

I don't know what happened to my reply yesterday, so apologies for it going AWOL.

My condolences for your loss of Sue, 16 years is a long time, and in that time great companionship bond is built between you both.

Here's to LM and other trips with your camera and report backs.

• Sorry to read about your wee Sue Gaynor, it is such a sad and horrid time when we loose our beloved pets. I know only too well just how you are feeling. We are cat people, as you may have guessed by my forum name! We will be married 38 years this year and had our first wee cat a few weeks after getting married. We have had 5 in total and had to say goodbye to our wee precious grey tabby, who was the gracious age of 17, in October. It still hurts and I have still shed tears, it takes time to get over the grief of loosing them but we will have all our precious memories, of them all. I hope in time you too will be able to think of her without the hurt being too much and that you will remember all your happy times together. CL x
  • Thanks Ann, Mike and Catlady for your words, I understand completely how you feel Catlady the hurt is hard to put into words. Of course over the years we have lost a number of dogs, but of course losing Sue hit hard as I knew it would. I take my camera out with me as I just wouldn't get out otherwise without something to concentrate on, thank heavens for wildlife. So I plan to do a little travelling, if this covid allows, and am keeping my fingers crossed for a good summer.