A day at Minsmere with a cloudy start and a sunny finish.

Last Sunday I went to Minsmere with my wife and two friends for our first visit to the reserve this year. The day started chilly and cloudy and quite poor light but we were encouraged by reports of the Bearded Tits showing well and close to the path near South Hide. We headed for South Hide and just before we got there my wife heard them, a group of more than 20 moving through the reeds close to the path. It was quite difficult to get clear shots in the poor light but I did manage enough good shots to keep me happy.

A family of Whooper Swans from South Hide.

A friendly Robin.

Looking very perky.

The ever present Stonechats along the Dunes.

After lunch we went to Island Mere Hide, and saw some Marsh Harriers. The sun was coming out but we facing in the wrong direction for good clear shots.

The Whooper Swans from the other side of the water in what was now bright sunshine.

Then a pair of Goosanders from seen East Hide, the sun was getting quite low now.

Then we stayed in the hide as the sun went down.

A group of Lapwings thought my pictures would look better with them flying across the sun.

All in all a very good day out with a lovely sunset to finish.

There is a mostly different selection of photos on my post on the Minsmere Forum.

Best Wishes,

Trevor

Trevor