Not exactly sunrise at 8.00a.m. but it certainly caught my eye when I opened the curtains

Just like a sea of red, fancy a swim anyone

Lot to learn

• Wow, stunning ...wonder what it portents.....hope you have plenty of 'kit' be it wet weather or possibly snow.

Cin J

• Gaynor, 8am is ok for sunrise for me, moonrise suits me better. Out yesterday afternoon  we had the sun setting while  yhe full moon was rising,pretty  spectacular 

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Woohooo!!! Absolutely stunning Gaynor!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• What a spectacular view, nice one Gaynor :)

Regards, Hazel 

• That's bleedin' lovely.... see what I did there? eh? eh? lol :o)
  • No snow yet CinJ though I am typing with purple hands and heating on|:-)
    I heard someone mention "wolf" moon last night? don't know any more.
    Sun and full moon, now that was some view Seaman. Hard to get in same frame though!
    OK PB, think you are having too much of the red stuff:-)

Lot to learn

• Gaynor as you say its s no go for a single frame but not impossible on video panning through about 180 degrees maybe but I know nothing about fancy camera tricks. As it was a Wolf moon we did try howling at the local wolf pack but it must have been their night off, A good job we were on our own otherwise we might have been locked up for our own safety! !

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Stunning Colours Gaynor, and currently sunrise will be around 08:00 - 08:07 for most of the UK.

• "Panning 180 degrees" Pete, now you can't fool me, you know more than you are letting on :- Just tried to find "degree" on keyboard and failed so no chance on the camera!!!
    Still thinking sunrise is at 7.00 a.m. Mike, must get my head back in gear:-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    "Panning 180 degrees" Pete, now you can't fool me, you know more than you are letting on :- Just tried to find "degree" on keyboard and failed so no chance on the camera!!!

Still thinking sunrise is at 7.00 a.m. Mike, must get my head back in gear:-)

Not yet will sunrise be 07:00, though it does get light anytime soon after 07:30, weather permitting. 0007:00 sunrises will come around the latter half of February.

To get the degree symbol you need to locate the Character Map on the PC, or as I do, use the following key combination, by

1. Press and hold down the Alt key
    2. then type 0186

OK, I need to get out more, I know, but it was a combination I used a lot at work, it was quicker using known keyboard combinations that keep seeking out the Character Map when compiling documents.