New walk for me last Fri.

Nice Greenshank

Not sure but at least I managed to get them on camera!!

Golden Eye female, my first hurray

and another

the male this time

Can anyone id?

Redshank

Wigeon

Shellduck

I liked the Lapwing in the foreground

and in the background below

This was the Alaw estuary where we walked along the beach and then around the fields, this river leads up to the reservoire where I used to take my hubby to fish years ago, the biggest lake here on Anglesey.

We couldn't have chosen a nicer day, walking in sunshine all the way, little muddy in the fields but among wildlife trust people who were so knowledgeable, fabulous.

• That looked lovely Gaynor :o)
    I think they are probably Canada Geese, and both your Goldeneye are male (don't think female has white patch).. the other flying flock I'm afraid I can't make out.

Thanks for sharing your lovely sunny trip :o)

EDIT: Having a 2nd look, the pic with the lapwings in the foreground has a couple of Brent Geese to the left...so it may be a flock of them flying.... also....I'm rubbish at ID's Joy

• Looks a beautiful area Gaynor with some lovely waders and ducks and well done spotting the Goldeneyes; I'll leave the ID's to the experts. Weather was fabulous for your walk which really makes the day that much more enjoyable. Thanks for sharing your sightings and fab photos.
  • Well done on your 1ST Goldeneye Gaynor ;-) Always makes the walk seem extra special when you see something new...thanks for sharing your beautiful walk with us ;-)
  • No you're not PB, I take some beating :-) thanks for your id's and I will just have to try harder! for some reason I thought the female golden eye had a green head, and didn't see the fact that there was a white body showing well.
    Brent Geese is probably right, I think there were a few swimming around at one stage.
  • Thanks Hazy and Linda, it was a lovely walk and great to meet some really nice people, with the weather playing it's part too.
  • Geese are pale bellied brent, flying ducks are wigeon and your goldeneye look a little on the male side to me.

Looks like a really lovely day out, and having spent the day at a screen pushing buttons, I’m proper jealous. Thanks for sharing.
  • Thank you Internetman, it was great to be out and about meeting people too after all this time, and the weather was a bonus, all the waders bewildering in so many numbers but learning is good. Feel for you pushing buttons:(
  • Lovely photos Gaynor and a lovely day, and well done on your first golden eye.

I have to confess, its not a part of the island I've frequented, apart from driving past, I really must spend more time around the island as a whole, there are many fantastic places waiting to be visited.