So much for slimbridge!

Everything was going to plan, had sausage baps prepared, left at 07:15, weather better than forecast.... 20 minutes away, driving on M4... Car gets hit by another car. All safe and well but car not Joysafe to drive according to the police. Looks like never destined to get there! Currently typing from a lay-by on the A4174 waiting for taxi home SobJoy

• ***, ignore smileys... I can't do it on my phone!!
  • Oh Bless you, pleased you both safe,but will be shook up,do take care and hopefully not too long to get out of the dangerous situation of waiting.

Now comes the slog of Insurance ,Repairs ,or having to look for a change of vehicle Doh!!! Big Hugs,do let us know when you safe at home.
  • Jeezo...lost for words...no like me either...glad your both OK though...take care ...hope you get home safely very soon!!
    Best wishes to you and Mrs PB x
  • Thanks Kate, safely in the taxi now, insurance all going through as a 'not my fault' incident, and will hopefully get courtesy car from tomorrow
  • Well done safe journey.
    Tis soooooo annoying when not at fault, but such a pain having having to deal with all the procedures Grr!!! Whilst thankful for your safety, and security , insurance etc, you could have well done without.

Wonder if , courtesy car, they,  insist you have an Electric !!!!!!!!

Take care

• Thanks Dave, I expect the insurance company will want am excess for the courtesy car... Also Mrs PB says the Aston's are a bit low for her to get in and out of

Thanks Linda... I can feel your pain in not having to wade through one of my 'little' posts lol
  • Oh crikey, what a bummer. Glad you are both unhurt but even so these things can shake you up.
    That Glossy Ibis is just going to have to wait until you are mobile again.
  • Oh crap!

I'm sorry to read about the car, but pleased you're both ok.

Make sure you have a receipt for the taxi, that can go  in your claim. Most car insurance companies will cover taxi costs.

Good luck with the claim and getting a replacement car.

• Yikes, that was not what I was expecting to read. Very relieved that you are both safe and well and that airbags etc did what they they are designed to do. You might be a little stiff and sore tomorrow so I prescribe a warm, relaxing bath.

Hope you have got home by now and have enjoyed the sausage baps along with the cup that cheers.
  • Oh what a disaster PB and so really sorry to hear that someone hit your car. - they could have at least waited till you had your day out on the reserve ! Seriously though, glad you are both uninjured with no bumps or bruises and that the insurance and repair gets sorted out soon. Still must have been one heck of a shock when the other car collided into you :( Take it easy now and hope you are back on the road soon and that you eventually get to Slimbridge.

As the Monty Python song goes..........
    " Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best
    And
    Always look on the bright side of life
    Always look on the light side of life

........... " and won't include the rest of the song here !