Odds & Sods 2022

It's probably an ideal time to start the 2022 Odds & Sods thread off, with some squabbling starlings....

To view the 2021 thread, click HERE

This pair of starlings were having a right old go at each other, whilst another nipped in to the coconut shell for a food

• Lovely shot of the turnstone ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thank you Slight smile it was kind enough to give me the chance to try a few angles
  • That doesn't happen too often Kevin ;-)

• This thrush (song?) had to work hard to get the worm.

• Yes lovely song thrush ;-)

• What a tussle, great pics.

Lot to learn

• Who da boss?

Ahhh, you da boss.

Amazing encounters happened during lockdown. As we took our daily constitutional around our area, as specified by lockdown rules as were, we kept bumping into the same set of people...and got to know them....realised they were interested in wildlife...then found out they owned some land bordering footpaths we walked along...said fields had juicy paths cut into them by wildlife...one day asked if they didn't mind me putting trail cams on said land...they said go ahead...which I did.

Both sisters, who had lived in Finchampstead all their lives (some 70 years) and had farmed the land in question before retiring, were fascinated by what animals used what remained of their fields. This fox/Roe deer encounter happened the evening when storm Eunice created such havoc.

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• Great footage, interesting to see the two foxes scaring away the doe.

Lot to learn

• To brighten things up on another stormy day - the bear and I didn't get blown off our feet but it was a close thing

Cin J