In My Garden 2022......

Well I think it's time I started a new thread as the old one is way tooooooo long now but can still be found here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/206786/in-my-garden

Also the garden has been renamed Parkneuk Reserve ;-)

Hope you all had a fabulous festive period  and are all safe and well.

I have yet to venture out this year so it's just been me in my sparrowhawk hide (lol) aka Iona Summerhouse

So here's a few pics to kick off the new thread...hopefully get some new visitors this year..well I can live in hope ;-)

Jock taking pride of place in the Sprawk Hide

Had a mixture of sun, Frost and rain

Social distancing lollipops

Ringo hiding

Ringo after heavy rain

Redwing ...half decent pic finally 

And my lovely crows who are always on the look out for Jock!

Thanks for looking and hope you all continue to follow to the progress of my garden

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks CL...hope you didnt leave BGBW too late that the rain started ...its raining here now....that hellish wind is due back tonight so take care! ;-)

• I did manage mine at 2.30pm yesterday, did post my results on one of the threads. I know, have just been looking at the weather again, awful winds again and heavy snow! Took all the feeders down again last night, was going to put them back out today until hubby told me the forecast, so threw out some seeds and nuts instead, that will have to do them for now.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• More fabulous photos Linda.

I hope all went well with the BGBW for you amid those 80mph+ winds?

Down here it was a little over 60, not that I was home much, but motorway driving was interesting to say the least.....

• Yeah a saw your results CL...all the local railway was affected here today but seems calm now. Hope it calms down soon for you aswell ;-)

• Yes all went well eventually Mike thanks well except there were too many birds and only my eyes to count lol...och it was still fun.

Thankfully I only had to drive locally!

• Linda257 said:
    Yes all went well eventually Mike thanks well except there were too many birds and only my eyes to count lol...och it was still fun.

Thankfully I only had to drive locally!

That's often the way, too many to count at once.... If only they would stay still, and only move around one at a time, and, not for get to book in and out....

If only....

• It's been a very busy week..helping our oldest boy flee the nest ...finally!!! He had to buy a place that was on the top floor...no lift...in a listed building...4 staircases....64 stairs!!!...a think it will take me at least a month to recover lol...am so unfit!! Lol

So I have only managed to pick up the camera a few times...terrible I know but birds have always been fed every morning ;-)

Wind has still been quite gusty....

lollipops getting blown about poor wee birdies......

https://youtu.be/Lqlg1HUv4p8

When it was calm again...

And that's your lot!..well a did say its been a busy week ;-)

Oh need to add my new visitor that turned up last Sunday.. 

• I hope you spend most of what's left of the week and the whole weekend relaxing, Linda! Thanks for the LTT and the great new visitor pics! (Well, the Blue Tit and Robin are always lovely to see, too.) Did the Brambling manage to sneak into your count for the BGBW? We have only had a solitary Brambling turn up in our garden 2 or 3 times in over 3 decades--the penalty for living too far inland and in the south!

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Ann...if only...need to gut his room now as he didn't take everything and! and get it painted but will be doing it rather slowly lol.
    Yes wee Mrs Brambling showed up 10 mins into my BGBW hour so that was a joy to see her and add her to the list. Hope you and Mr GB are doing well ;-)

• Was that a flags up or a tear or two of sorrow as the lad moved out....

As for the relaxation, enjoy the sun and visiting birds, that'll help you to recover, and take more lovely photos.