Dazzling Damsels and Dragons 2021

I see there are already photos of damselflies, so it probably time to kickstart the 2021 thread

Last years thread, started by  Noisette, thank you for last years thread, I hope you don't mind my starting the 2021 thread. You can look back here, Dazzling Damsels and Dragons 2020

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207154/dazzling-damsels-and-dragons-2020

My first sightings of banded damselflies for 2021, but there will be more to come

And a second visit to Middleton Lakes, and the banded damselflies suddenly came from nowhere!

• Took these a couple of days ago when I was in the garden looking for the large bees.   Not sure if it is a Common Darter or not

Lot to learn

• Good to see the dragonflies still around but I'll leave the ID to the experts although I think you are right. Lovely photo captures.

Regards, Hazel 

• I'm quite surprised how many dragonflies are still around locally considering some of the "iffy" weather we have been having. There seems to be a big movement of Migrant Hawkers at the moment and on Tuesday we were lucky enough to watch a Hobby chasing and catching them at Ripon City Wetlands, fantastic flying control from the Hobby.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks Hazy for the id, it was sunbathing at the top of the garden on a slab, didn't think it would stay there while I dashed back to house for camera, but it was happily stretched out even though an ant was bothering it for a while.
    Seaman you were so lucky to catch sight of a Hobby chasing the Hawkers, I have never seen one but live in hope.

Lot to learn

• On a trip to Minsmere a couple of days ago there were still quite a few Darters about, one of them, a Common Darter, hovered right in front of my face looking at me then looped round and landed on my hand. It stayed sitting there while my wife managed to get my phone out of my pocket and take a few pictures of it before it eventually moved off.

Best Wishes,

Trevor

• Great up close photos Trevor once again