The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Kevin Brooke said:
    Thank you, Mike, this all looks amazing I will certainly enjoy being part of this - thank you

You're welcome.

You'll find a very friendly, always up for a chat, and helpful, if you need something identifying or clarifying, group of people here.

• Morning Hazel and thank you for the welcome from Cheshire,
    Interesting information about the wings of the Spotted Flycatcher. This one was stationary, calling to a parent and giving me some time to get close (ish) to take the photos. When I looked it up in the RSPB book, it did say that it tends to migrate in September, and so maybe it will extend its wing size in the next few weeks or so? Fingers crossed for a successful migration Slight smile
  • The Spotted Flycatcher is one of my favourite birds and incredible to think of the long journeys these migratory birds make crossing the Sahara especially the new fledglings making that crossing for the first time;   will be sad to see them and other migratory species leave our shores but fingers crossed they make it to their wintering grounds safely and return next April/May to breed again.      The young birds and adults will be putting on as much weight now as possible in order to prepare them for that long journey ahead September/October.     We will then have all the winter visitors to look forward to like the thrushes Redwing and Fieldfare and birds like Snow Bunting, Bramblings, Whooper/Bewick swans, Pink-footed geese, more goldcrests ..... the list goes on  !!         Out of interest, I was taking a look at previously documented migration dates for the Spotted Flycatcher which seemed to be end September and into October  HERE

Regards, Hazel 

• Just come across this on Twitter
    https://t.co/r8zhWJ7hwq

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• My latest additions

Even in the pond together

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lucky you Linda, dear little souls!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Awww, not much cuter than young bullfinches :) a real bonus to see in the garden Linda.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Wendy and Hazel, its the 1st dry day for a while so been in the garden most of the day. Feeders have been extremely busy but that was huge bonus the bullies stopping by as I could hear them for ages just couldnt see them lol

• A special treat and lovely photos, we've had just one young Bullfinch in the garden in 22 years living here and that was some time ago now.
    Trevor
  • Thanks Trevor, I have been lucky enough to have them visit for a few years now