The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• As you say Gaynor, the striking looking Sparrowhawks have to eat but never easy to see it take a garden bird :( Well spotted and photographed but hope they don't make a habit of dining in your garden !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazy, I might take the feeders down for a short while just to move the Sprawks on, the youngsters can find their own food now so perhaps they don't need me for a bit.

Lot to learn

• It is hard to see the Sprawk take your own garden birds Gaynor. Hopefully if they have both had today they will leave it a while before returning!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks CL, the young Robin has just been in for supper, usually by now he is well away, not sure where he/she roosts but don' t tend to see it late in the evening. Must have been too scared to venture out until now.

Lot to learn

• 2 sprawks in one day Gaynor wow and to be successful with a meal....Its tough to see but as we all know they gotta eat aswell.....I am happy to report that as soon as a sprawk appears the gulls over the school swing into action after being alerted by the resident crows so I seem to have a better neighbourhood watch than last year..so far lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• They had two meals yesterday Linda, the male first of all with a Sparrow then the female about an hour later with the Greenfinch, grrrrr. Yes I know they too have to eat just wish they hadn't found McDonalds!! Today has been wet and that has kept the garden free, but the birds are also flying quickly in and out, they know full well there is danger around more than usual.

Lot to learn

• Thought I'd share a couple of photos of this most expressive young bird, with its harassed parent:

Aren't they a lovely pair?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Certainly does make you smile when you see how the young pester for food - even when they're all grown up LOL They are a lovely pair for sure.

Regards, Hazel 

• Poor mama, oh for goodness sake, give me some peace!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Clare Bailey said:

Thought I'd share a couple of photos of this most expressive young bird, with its harassed parent:

And the adult does look harrassed!
    Nice photos Clare