Kingfishers Pair Bonding

Another go at getting my photos uploaded properly, thanks again for further advice from TeeJay.

These photos were taken at a Suffolk Wildlife Trust Reserve couple of years ago.

First the offer of a fish.

The acceptance.

That's nice

Can anybody beak read a Kingfisher, is she saying thank you or is she saying another one please.

Another day, same two kingfishers, but no sun. What a difference the sun makes to their colours

Hopfeully these show normally this time.

Trevor

• Yet another brilliant set Trevor, and yes, all but one showing in focus on the main thread :o)
    My beak reading is a little rusty, but as it's the female I imagine it's something along the lines of "Well, dear, that's a good start....."
  • Yay, you've cracked it, Trevor. It's a little tedious having to enter these numbers each time but worth it I think
    What a superb set of photos. The colours on these little jewels of birds is fantastic.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Fabulous photo captures Trevor and showing really well thanks to Tony's assistance; really beautiful set so thanks for posting them up and well done !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to TeeJay:

Thanks Tony,
    To make browsing easier I've just got to remember to put all the photos I want to upload into a dedicated file then delete the contents when finished and use the same file again each time I post.
    Trevor
  • Pictures to be proud of, wow, what a set, thanks so much for putting them on for us to see.

Lot to learn

• More great pictures Trevor, lovely to see Kingfishers
  • Great to catch them passing fish. It's not something I've ever seen.

Nige   Flickr

• A great set of photos, well done on getting the sizes sorted.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Great set of photos,even though we live nearthe river and often see Kingfishers I have never seen this sort of behaviour, thanks for posting

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can