peekaboo heehee

Right right right...Out ya come wee yin

My 1st EVER Kingfisher...sorry just a tad excited today heehee

offski

Here I am

Lunchtime "Thou shall hav a fishy"

You like my blue wings

Rain is starting time to go

Who needs to fish for complimets when your that stunning!!!!

What a fab hour at RSPB Barons Haugh!

Oh there was a Little Egret around earlier but I missed it...Kingy certainly made up for that!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks CL...am still buzzing lol...think a need a whiskey to calm me doon lol

• Thanks Mike...it was my lucky I guess Wink

• I guessed from the first photo, but I couldn't see it! Lovely that it gradually gave you better and better views until it finally gave you a perfect unobstructed shot. They know how to make an entrance! In normal times, my local reserve gets them but the hides haven't opened at all since last March and I miss the close up views. Put it in your diary - go back in summer and see if they are any fledglings around as well!!

Nige   Flickr

• My guess on the other thread wasn't correct then!! Well spotted Linda and congratulations, you took some fabulous shots, so clear and even with fish in beak too, no wonder you are buzzing. I bet you are happy with your new camera now:-)

Lot to learn

• oh did you now smarty pants lol...its was a guy with a huge smile on his face that passed me walking the track from the marsh hide told me the Kingfisher was there but he was exstatic with his little Egret pic...hides were open but i just stood at the side and one of the guys came out and pointed me in right direction and then they all very kindly moved aside and let the very excited youngster in to get in for a couple of pics heeehe...went back after an hour and was only 2 people in and kingie was still flying about thats when I got him eating lunch. Oh a will be going up once a week Nige never mind waiting til summer....Oh wee cutie kingfisher fledglings ....

• Nope sorry Ganor lol
    Thanks....Oh a was still raging I clipped off the tip of a wing on a buzzard shot ...one can always improve! Camera is fandabbydozy..just the operator thats a bit dodgy lol

• Brilliant photos Linda, I know how I feel when I get a nice photo of a Kingfisher, Elated, there such a beautiful bird, well done you.
  • Thanks ILR...Like a wain getting the best xmas present ever....now I have finally calmed down a bit, I shall post the rest of yesterdays pics lol

• You've a right to feel excited, Linda. So glad he showed himself for you and even displayed his catch. Cracking shots, always a thrill to get your first sighting.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Tony..will never forget it. Last year when I was up there I asked the birders about kingies and I was told none was seen for years up there..maybe i just asked the wrong guys but who cares now ? A huge tick in my book..great start to the year in my birding book..long may it continue Wink