Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Not here Paul, usually I have had a nest in the upstairs gutter, but nothing this year, have had one or two starlings only in the garden spasmodically. Keeping my fingers crossed for your flocks.

Lot to learn

• Three birds of a simliar colour yesterday; golden plover, noisy curlew and sandpiper. Plus a random rabbit.

• I had a visitor just before 1 this morning. " Mum theres a bat in the bathtub "....I flew outta bed hoping for a pic lol...poor bat was going mental as I opened the door ever so slightly. The window is behind the door and bathroom is pretty small so no way of getting in without it getting out into the hallway. Finally managed to get in when it landed to push the window further open in the hope it would fly out but no it didn't wanna leave.
    20 mins later finally caught it in a cardboard box and back outside it went and no even a darn pic lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• You did well to manage to get it out Linda, I wonder if they are nesting in your trees or is there a barn nearby? Next time set up camera in bathroom please!!!!! No maybe not :-) :-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    You did well to manage to get it out Linda, I wonder if they are nesting in your trees or is there a barn nearby? Next time set up camera in bathroom please!!!!! No maybe not :-) :-)

Scream Mmm, maybe not!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Linda257 said:
    I had a visitor just before 1 this morning. " Mum theres a bat in the bathtub "....I flew outta bed hoping for a pic lol...poor bat was going mental as I opened the door ever so slightly. The window is behind the door and bathroom is pretty small so no way of getting in without it getting out into the hallway. Finally managed to get in when it landed to push the window further open in the hope it would fly out but no it didn't wanna leave.

20 mins later finally caught it in a cardboard box and back outside it went and no even a darn pic lol

How inconsiderate of the bat not to allow you at least one piccie!

Seriously, well done managing to get the poor little thing back to where it belongs.

• Thanks Gaynor, one of them nearly flew in the door tonight! lol...No barns nearby...plenty of trees around but they do seem to be around my garden for a long time at night...must be plenty insects for them...Eh a think we will forget about spy in the bathroom lol

• Very inconsiderate Mike lol
    Thants thats the 2nd time a bat has been in my house...windows get closed at 7pm now lol

• I sometimes think we should have a thread dedicated to molluscs, not the most delectable of creatures, but very much part of the ecosystem and food chain....

This one seemed to want to be in on the scene.....

And this one was going for wander.....

• One of the Sheffield peregrines this morning.