Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Its like the story of the fox, the hoggie and the puddy-tat lol Plenty of activity at night and during the daytime on the feeders. Nice clips Mike.

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    Its like the story of the fox, the hoggie and the puddy-tat lol Plenty of activity at night and during the daytime on the feeders. Nice clips Mike.

Thank you.

I enjoy downloading the cams, particularly the nighttime footage, there's always something interesting going on.

• With all the showers and dampness around, the snails have been quite, well, ambitions!

One that was on the front door, was hoping to get in out the rain!

While another was enjoying its nighttime constitutional....

• I run my trailcam on electric Mike, couldn't afford batteries for recording my hoggies every night plus it's a lot more reliable ... I have properly installed outdoor double RCD socket into which I have to plug in an extension cable which is fully insulated as cam cable too short for position I want it set up ... as an extra precaution I have a very strong plastic bag fully covering the extension rell & cam plug ... I do not however set up if there's a chance of lightning as it could destroy the cam!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    I run my trailcam on electric Mike, couldn't afford batteries for recording my hoggies every night plus it's a lot more reliable ... I have properly installed outdoor double RCD socket into which I have to plug in an extension cable which is fully insulated as cam cable too short for position I want it set up ... as an extra precaution I have a very strong plastic bag fully covering the extension rell & cam plug ... I do not however set up if there's a chance of lightning as it could destroy the cam!

I know you do, but I think your setup is lot more weather shielded than what I use mine for.

The pond mentioned in my reply to Dave is also on an RCD, using conduit for the underground journey and weatherproof boxes etc.

Its a bit hard for a fixed feed for what I use my cams for, which are moved around depending on the time of year and position of the sun, plus what activities are occurring at the time.

• Yet more moorland deer :) and a few of the scenery.  I finally found Bruce relaxing up in the Peaks heather which was great. The last time I saw him was April and he had just started to grow his antlers.

• Impressive!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• As Wendy says, impressive....I bet everyone else gets the point!! And he's even got antlers growing out of his back in the 5th pic!!!
  • It won't be long before all that velvet has been shed from those antlers.

Nice photos Bob.

• Great set of antlers. Scenery is beautiful, lovely with the heather in full bloom.

Lot to learn