Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Very unusual to see this here

Surprised to see so many different birds in same 40 second clip

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:

Very unusual to see this here

https://youtu.be/gschHlQnZy0

Surprised to see so many different birds in same 40 second clip

https://youtu.be/DFuzoRL1sRY

The word is getting around, you feed hedgehogs, there could be food for us.....

• WendyBartter said:
    Very unusual to see this here

Sounded like he had a peck at the hoggy feeding station around 17 seconds in. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Gannet fly by.... (in nice light with the 135mm)    :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Lovely Gannet, Paul--thanks! And apologies that clumsy fingers here accidentally clicked on 'unlike' straight after clicking 'like' under your photo--sorry, didn't mean it, so clicked 'like' again!

Kind regards, Ann

• The Gannet is a great shot, we've not seen one since we were in Northumberland early 2020

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Mike, Sorry, thought I had already posted this in reply to your note on the previous page. Yes, that pic of two fox cubs was one of a few relatively decent photos from the first go. Mr GB has not yet set it for night pics or for video but all in good time. He did not check the camera until 2 days later and did get a few acceptable pics but we are busy with other things at the moment--not sure when any more will be posted--sorry. The foxes managed to knock over the tripod twice, in spite of putting heavy paving slabs against the legs. They seem a bit like rambunctious puppies which is hardly surprising. Then he tried setting the trail cam to photograph birds at one of our feeders (no pics good enough to post yet) and then the forecast was for rain and the cam has not been set up again, possibly might be set up again over the weekend when he has more time. I have not seen the foxes in the last few days but you cannot look out constantly, sadly--hope they are still here.

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Mike, Sorry, thought I had already posted this in reply to your note on the previous page. Yes, that pic of two fox cubs was one of a few relatively decent photos from the first go. Mr GB has not yet set it for night pics or for video but all in good time. He did not check the camera until 2 days later and did get a few acceptable pics but we are busy with other things at the moment--not sure when any more will be posted--sorry. The foxes managed to knock over the tripod twice, in spite of putting heavy paving slabs against the legs. They seem a bit like rambunctious puppies which is hardly surprising. Then he tried setting the trail cam to photograph birds at one of our feeders (no pics good enough to post yet) and then the forecast was for rain and the cam has not been set up again, possibly might be set up again over the weekend when he has more time. I have not seen the foxes in the last few days but you cannot look out constantly, sadly--hope they are still here.

No worries Ann, I'm pleased you're able to get some photos and be able to share them.

It will be interesting to see what evening/night-time activity the camera detects.

As for swapping camera locations, that can be fun, but very interesting at who visits the feeders when you're not looking. I ended up buying a second trailcam so I can monitor the garden, and feeders or other sources of interest.

• Paul A said:

Gannet fly by.... (in nice light with the 135mm)    :-)

That's a fabulously clear photo Paul.

• Pretty classy bird is a Gannet

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can