Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

• Hard to believe but the cubs seem to be twice the size they were when I first posted about them, and they have also lost some of their little-cub-cuteness (sigh...).  Lots of blurred pics, a few of a Squirrel, quite a few with one or two cubs, and a few with Mum although none of her were worth posting.  Below is the best snap from last night, cropped and posted by Mr GB.  Not bad for a first attempt but trial and error--the camera will be pointing at a lower spot tonight.

• Lovely to see the cubs Ann ... have taken liberty with your pic, hope you don't mind?

• Lovely to see your new additions Ann
  • Thanks, folks, hope to get more pics today.
    Wendy, not a problem--feel free, do whatever you like with our pics, and you've shown us your tabs, too! Since the last so-called update I have had trouble finding anything using the search facility here--it used to be much better. Searched for Alan's great posts about posting photos, no luck but I ran out of patience. Mr GB is more up to speed with tech matters, and next pics should appear larger. Seems the cam is only set for daylight at the mo (I had wondered why it was in colour!), so that first pic was from some time between 3 and 4 pm (when I was not watching!) He has not yet tried setting it for videos or night time--all in good time. Luckily the foxes come out in the afternoon, romp around and drink from the bird bath (a plant pot tray set on a stump). Mum has a limp (left hind leg).
  • Thanks for update Ann, looking forward to seeing more pics! Quick solution to posting larger pics is to change numbers in the boxes to 600 in first & leave second blank ... I never have to resize my trailcam footage to e accepted!
  • What a gorgeous pair of little 'uns Ann, really good pic for first time of posting, well done and looking forward to more now you will have got the bug!!
  • MR & MRS Bully popped in to see what was going on in the garden yesterday but soon took off again no doubt disgusted by the state of it lol...its a working progress!! 

All the birds enjoying their new perching platforms (pleached crab apple trees) 2 pear trees , 2 large Bay trees ,14 bamboo and a new water feature all still to arrive so that shall be plenty to keep me busy and plenty to keep the moaners moaning lol

Oh and this big fella has been coming to the pond for a drink

• Lovely to see Mr and Mrs Bully, sounds as if you have your hands full Linda, can't wait to see it all once finished.
  • A mixed bag of birds over a long weekend. A shame I couldn't get a better one of the tawny but hey ho!