Maggies Love Pastry

What to do today I thought!! I had some spare pastry and the Maggies were jumping about the trees !!!

Well I didnt want to make it too easy for them to get it so stuffed it in the unused poles

Didnt take long to get noticed

That pot isnt really that close to it so not so easy to get!

Easy option first...tooooo easy

Thanks Linda!...Gone in 60 seconds

Now gotta try land on the pole..not the pot

who is gonna be able to scoop out last bit

ME! 

Well that was rather fun for me  Hope the Maggies enjoyed it to

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Nice to see the Magpies, my gosh they don't half take a good gobfull of pastry! I think you made that too easy for them Linda!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Great pics Linda, those bouncey Maggies are too clever for their ,.........hmmmm claws?????

Lot to learn

• In reply to Catlady:

Thanks Catlady...Big gobs for food and noise Oh I will try make it harder next time but I got half decent pics so cant moan too much

• In reply to gaynorsl:

LOL...thanks Gaynor

• A bit of bribery has got you some very willing models and some great action shots.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks Nige

• Hi Linda
    That’s a new one on me, do other birds eat pastry too ! Or is it a Magpie delicacy Lol
    Great photos Linda
    Well done you
  • In reply to i love robins:

Hi ILR, a few of us make home made pasrty. Quick, cheap, and easy to make. Use shops own brand flour and fat, half the fat to flour, mix in a bowl and then add tasty ingredients of your choice which they will like, chopped nuts, bird seed, suet, raisins, sultanas, chopped apple, grated cheese then add a splash of cold water enough to to bind it together and leave in the fridge for a few hours (just as you would do if baking with pastry) then you can pull of piecesshape them and put them into a bird seed feeders, coconut shells, even in home made pots, you can pull of little pieces and squeeze them around branches on trees and shrubs, or squeeze them into holes in trees or a home made wooden pole/post with holes cut out and stuck in the ground. Beware though, they love it and once found, not only will the pastry disappear in no time, they will be waiting for more!!

• In reply to Catlady:

Well Catlady you learn something everyday, thanks for your explanation. I have made a note of the recipe
    Thank you, it goes to show I have lots to learn but loving it.
  • In reply to i love robins:

Hi again ILR, if you type (Birds and I get early Xmas present) in the top search bar and pick the link that Hazel started, go to page one and read through, you will see her pastry pictures. In fact if you type pastry etc you will see other threads with pictures.

You can add anything you think they would like and are allowed to eat, no hard and fast rules. Good luck.