Rain Rain Rain brings out the Songthrush

First one appeared this morning about 8am in the trees beyond the garden

Then this one in the Conifers..maybe eyeing up some breakfast

and then they were in and out the garden all day

not often I get 2 together

A little bit of hide n seek

No matter the weather there is always something in the garden to cheer me up Wink

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hello Linda, I love thrushes I always rush to get the camera when I get one in my garden they are always in the compost heap after worms, thanks for sharing your photos very nice to see. We have had rain all day too but it is forecast dry for tomorrow so it will be nice to get out again, we are now on tier 3 so shall be going to my favourite places where I don’t expect to see anybody, keep safe Linda
  • Always happy to share ILR. To complicate things we have 5 levels in Scotland 0-4 and there was talk of Lanarkshire going to level 4 which would mean just about everthing would close except schools! But I think we shall be level 3 which is roughly the same as we have been for weeks. No mixing indoors. All pubs and restaurants closed...the Joy's of Covid...thank goodness for this forum and my garden lol. Look forward to seeing your outing tomorrow.

• Gorgeous pics of the Thrush Linda, lovely to get them in the garden, it is ages since I have seen one so thanks for sharing.

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, maybe when the wind picks up over the weekend one or two will blow your way Wink

• Lovely birds to get in the garden Linda. only occasionally have we had one in the garden but one nested next door this year, so had more visits than normal.

After the announcements yesterday we are in level 1.As no one is in level 0, it is the best for us. At last I can go and visit my parents again. Both still live at home, mum is 85 and dad had his 91st birthday the start of October, so left the pressie on the step and spoke for about 15 minutes to them both from the path, it was a horrid situation, too cold for them standing in a porch. Looking forward to seeing them again next week. You have tighter restrictions than us, but we are well used now to what we are allowed to do etc. Take care.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Yes they are Catlady...seen them out and about since nest building season...raiding the pond for material...I love how they can look so angry one minute then so angelic the next.

Aw thats great news to hear that you can go visiting mum and dad..such trying times....am still looking for the light at the end of the long tunnel!

• And the rain brings out the earth worms, food for the thrushes.

Lovely photos, especially considering the weather.

• The earthworms would have been swimming the grass is that wet!

Cheers Mike

• Lovely to get all those thrushes. It almost looks like the one on the fence is looking in a mirror!

Nige   Flickr

• Its sure was Nige...Yeah a see what ya mean Wink