Lost Bracelet RSPB Loch Garten

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is allowed or not as it's not wildlife related but I'm rather desperate and this is my last option. I lost my bracelet that is very special to me whilst up in Scotland in the Cairngorms on Friday. I'd been to RSPB Loch Garten and had been wearing it. We'd walked around the loch but it's highly unlikely it would have fallen off then because it doesn't really fall off by itself and if it does, it's because I'm taking my gloves off and I hadn't taken them off. However, when we returned to the car park where the osprey centre is, I took my gloves off to hand feed the birds (a crested tit almost came to my hand!), so if it has fallen off, it would likely have been then. We then left the reserve to go to a cafe for lunch, which we have phoned and visited again but they haven't found anything. I've checked in the car and all my pockets and bags. I'm back home now in Yorkshire so I can't go back and look again.

I know there's probably no chance whatsoever but if anyone has visited or is visiting Loch Garten at any time, has anyone found a round silver bracelet with two silver bird charms, a binoculars charm, a charm with an 'L' on it, and a blue gem charm anywhere? Or if it has been found, it could possibly have been put somewhere like on a sign post or wall? In normal circumstances I would have just contacted the osprey centre but since it is closed at the minute, I can't do that.

Again, I apologise if this isn't allowed, I'm just really upset and desperate and this is the last thing I can do.

Bracelet shown below.

• BUMP

Hope you get it back again :(

POST EDIT.

I would change you post "Not wildlife related... lost bracelet" to Lost bracelet RSPB Loch Garten, people who see this will know its from there and we have a few members for Scotland on the boards.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi BC,   I'm really sorry to hear that you lost your beautiful bracelet;    sadly in these situations I'm not sure the odds are very good at being reunited with it, depending on where you lost it and if it fell in a place that may not be so visible; also relying on folk to hand items in although I'm sure the majority of people are very honest.      I did find a website where items can be reported that is  associated with a police data base in the vain hope that someone did find it and hand it in.      HERE IS THE LINK        Only other suggestions is to place a mention in the local newspapers to the loch garten area.      Good luck and hope you get lucky.     

Regards, Hazel 

• Sorry to hear about your lost bracelet Basil Cat. It is very annoying and upsetting when you loose something, especially something that is expensive or has memories attached to it. I do hope that someone spots it and is honest enough to hand it in. With the centre closed and being the only place around for a few miles, maybe hand it to the nearest police station, shop, premises? If they did do that I don't know how you would find that out though. I am not on Facebook but if you are or know someone who is, that we be a good place to post. A good suggestion from Hazel, to post in their local papers. Good luck.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Maybe try a metal detcting club/group local to LG area?

www.ukdetectornet.co.uk/clubs.html ... scroll down quite a way for Scottish info?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Bumping up your post again, BC. Sorry to hear about your lost bracelet. You might post your note in the Loch Garten Group on this community forum as well as here in the Wildlife Group--there are some people who never read any other threads and a few of them may live fairly near Loch Garten and possibly be able to help. I have put a note on one of the many Osprey nest threads under the Loch Garten Group, Balgavies, randomly chosen since the Loch Garten Osprey nest is vacant this year, but I hope someone who can help you reads it. Good luck and I hope your bracelet turns up.

Kind regards, Ann

• I've sent your post to a RSPB staff member who works in that area hoping they can help or pass on your message to someone who can
  • Gardenbirder, SunnyKate2, Korky, thank you so much, I really appreciate it! I would try and do all these things myself but I don't know where to start!

Thank you all for the help.
  • Hopefully with the post on the other thread and word passed on via Korky to the RSPB person, someone will take a look in the car park, although the centre is closed I believe that staff still are monitoring around the place. Fingers crossed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Basil Cat, I know how heartbreaking it is to lose something you treasure and I hope anyone who may have found your bracelet sees something about it somewhere. I do not know the Loch Garten area, never been there but hope to see it one day, having followed that Osprey nest for several years before it became vacant, but there are people who post on these threads who know it well and they may have further suggestions. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Kind regards, Ann