A Butterfly Meander

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

I had to use a calculator myself
    Eh for keeping you out of trouble...loitering in the woods thats what for!
    lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Linda257:

Linda257 said:
    for keeping you out of trouble

Ohh, I see....she wasn't with me, it was only when I typed about loitering, and she read it over my shoulder lol

• Fantastic collection of photos and variety of species PB, you do very well on your adventures into the great outdoors and come back with lovely photos and commentary for us all so thank you :) Managed to escape again today but felt totally cream-crackered at the end of the 4 and half mile up drover tracks paved in rocks ! Beats me how you find so many species as I usually come back with a max of 6 if I'm lucky LOL Eyesight may have something to do with it !!

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Ta Hazel, and you're welcome :o) Basically I photograph anything that moves, then sort through it all later.... you should see how many windblown leaves and petals I have lol

PimperneBloke said:
    you should see how many windblown leaves and petals I have lol

been there, done that and got the  "fooled by foliage"  T-shirt    lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    4 and half mile

Meant to add.... are you mad?? 4 1/2 miles!!!

PimperneBloke said:
    Meant to add.... are you mad?? 4 1/2 miles!!!

LOL  !!    to be honest, we had done this route a few years ago but today it seemed a lot more challenging as most of the pathways were old drovers tracks so we had to negotiate stones and rocks in the heat.     The worrying thing was the map I'd printed was still at home and the further we went the more you worry about taking the right route !    Seemed twice as far as last time in 24 degrees but we eventually made it back to the car where we almost kissed the ground   ha ha !     

Regards, Hazel 

• Catching up can be fun, I'm sat in my lounge with a cool breeze blowing gently through, the sun outside hazy, and reading about the trials and tribulations of others!!!!!
    Well done on your sightings PB, amusing to read and lovely to see, especially all the unnamed creatures you spot, I liked the brown eyed girl/gold faced fly you found, You must have patience to find all those creatures and then to post your pics too, takes me ages just to post 6!!!!

Lot to learn

• You certainly pack a lot into a trip!!
    A few extra ID's for you - test to follow, later.
    It's a Grasshopper, probably a Common Green - crickets have longer, finer antennae (and spikier rear ends)
    Gold-faced fly is one of the Tachinid Flies, probably Tachina Fera
    The second dragon is a Common Darter.
    The early stripy things are hoverflies, including the Long Hoverfly, which is the long thin one ... obviously (the other one is identifiable too but I don't think it has a common name).

Nige   Flickr

• Great post & photos. The first little moth is a Common Grass-veneer (Agriphila tristella) & the field moth is a Rosy-striped Knot-horn (Oncocera semi-rubella) .

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France