Tonight's stormy sky - then these rabbits jumped into view

Could be more thunder on the way

There were four nearby, they didn't spot me so I took a couple of pics

This one was doing the boxing as hares do, couldn't catch the action though.  There are a good number around at the moment.

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• You get the thunder and I get the rain...hows that fair? lol
    Nice pics

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Linda, at least the electric didn't disappear with the lightening:-) must get the candles out,

Lot to learn

• Very nice clouds and Rabbits Gaynor, no storms here at the moment.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• We can get quite good storms here, they just go around and around the island for hours.

Lot to learn

• Always lovely to see the funny wabbits but stormy skies are not something to look forward to, weather doesn't look great for the next week or so, very unsettled. Photos are lovely Gaynor, I am lucky enough to see rabbits in the garden below from our kitchen window or from the balcony; one young rabbit always seems to get chased off by the adults if it tries to eat the grass at one end of the garden - poor thing !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazy, it's a thundery evening here again, after a lovely day, so can't complain. There seem to be a lot of rabbits around at the moment, the field I walk across has 10 in tonight, I walked up to 12 yards away from one, had to clap my hands to scare it into the undergrowth. Good thing I have no dog that would chase them, easy prey for a fox. Bats were out the other night, lovely.

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    Bats were out the other night, lovely.

I'd be getting a bat detector for Christmas  !     I remember at a previous house bordering countryside 20 years ago we used to have bats flying round of an evening.   You certainly have a good range of species there Gaynor and wonderful habitat for them.      Was a thunderstorm here last night but it didn't last long.     Got too hot yesterday so we're biding our time for a full day out bird/wildlife watching although August is usually a quiet month.  

Regards, Hazel 

• From what I understand, you had quite a storm over there, we just had the impressive lightning and constant thunder, and that was impressive enough.

Sadly, the lightning was in or above the cloud, so I never managed to get any decent photos, but I did get some video.

• Must be great to see the rabbits Gaynor ... been putting bat detector on lately, quite a lot of activity & watched a few, Pipistrelles, flying at just above head height!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr