Off The Beaten Track....Again!!! on a Quiet Sunday morning!

So up earlyish with heehaw to do...phone rings....mum you wanna do something today......sure! Within 30 mins I was ready packed, picked daughter up and at Barons Haugh yet again but carpark was closed so had to abandon car in a safe place and went on a new adventure off the Beaten Track........

This tree caught my eye....giant cactus look a like

Otter and kinfisher posing nicely for once Hushed and whatever that is inbetween them?

Some mushrooms...well if all the birdies are hiding I gotta photgraph something Laughing

over a little bridge

Looks nicer this side

Then up a hill and over a fence into a wild field

Then all I got was mum mum mum mum mum

We were waist hight in the field and hiding not too far infront of us was a deer

Oh Deer that was the best pic I got Confused as it darted away

The scenery around us

As we get closer to a proper path some flutterbys

A Comma ?

Just some more scenery...well it fills in the gaps before we get to the water

As we walk along the path next to the river....sooooo over grown but a lovely peacock posed for me

All angles apart from the right one!!!

Then off the Beaton track once again as we heard some bird noises down at the river...my daughter seemed to get there before me only she was on he bum lol and still that did not scare the lovely birds away! JoyJoyJoy

And there across the other side was a few lapwings, a heron and a little egret 

couple of ducks sitting there aswell

Ahh that was worthwhile....my daughter still moaning but nothing other than a dirty pair of trousers and a few nettle stings on her arm but as I say ...all worth it....back up onto a path and a baby frog leaps across infront of us but too fast for me am afraid so no pic

Then follwed the river back round to the hides to familiar territory

Incoming heron or that one following us!

It starting to rain now so into a hide for shelter before heading back to the car

Oh and what do we have here... a Cormorant

or 2

Social distancing themselves ofcourse

as you can see from the hide they were pretty far away Confused

Then the cows telling us to moooooooo ve as it was gonna start raining heavy

And a final turn around now we have made it back up the hill  before the car

Well I hope you all enjoyed our 2 hour jaunt as much as we did only yous wont be knackered like me!

Take care and stay safe

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Wonderful walks and pics, Linda. Not envious at all! It is down to a reasonable (?) 32.2 outside here now. Mr GB is out there doing the daily equisetum tour. It was 33 or more something over an hour ago. I dread to think what it was earlier in the afternoon--we've been hibernating in the living room where it is probably 25. Well, that is what it was yesterday--just guessing since Mr GB took the temp gauge into the kitchen. 29 in there at the moment. And no rain on the horizon but it is predicted to be much cooler by Sunday, nearly arctic in fact. I wish.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Ann...oh that's way too toasty for my liking! Was raining here this morning then been pretty overcast all day at 24 . We did get a wee half hour of sun after 4 although its threatening to rain again now!..Roll on the weekend for a drop in temp for yous!

• A bit too toasty for us, too, Linda! I expect that Wendy and TJ are in much the same situation here in the south. Our water butts are nearly empty and we could do with some rain. The water company has not issued a hosepipe ban; they have enough water here thanks to last autumn's many months of rain, but they cannot pump it out quickly enough compared with the rate at which people are using it. Mr GB has had texts from them in the last 2 days informing us about the usage and requesting that everyone use a bit less water!

Kind regards, Ann

• A lovely trip from your day out Linda, hope you were not to kn....tired!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thanks Catlady..no not too knackered this time...slower pace with my other half lol

• I have almost melted away in this blistering heatwave with still no rain/ storms on our horizon! Are you still there TJ?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Aww Wendy...The rain was so heavy here last night it washed all my bark chips from one side of the house all the way to the otherside...so when I opened the door this morning...nice wet mess!..Hope TJ is ok!

• A lovely collection of photos Linda, and it looks a nice walk also.