It used to be quiet and peaceful until …..

Not being familiar with Starlings, never having had them in our last garden for 9 years ......….....    I thought it was a thrill to see them until they let the kids out   LOL

We usually have three Starlings but today there we had a mini murmur-frustration of them !     I've had to stop putting food out or I'll be receiving complaints from the other renters   !!

He/she looks like trouble  lol 

It was Ok till they started bickering for food    lol     ( ear plugs please )

Moral of the story ….. be careful what you wish for   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• We've got about a dozen of them and have made the decision to only put feed out in the guardian feeders as they are terrorising everything else, and also ruining the lawn!
  • Whatcha doing on here PB ………..you should be back out looking for that Squacco Heron LOL !!

Regards, Hazel 

• I knew after the ..................... in your title what was coming. LOL Raucous devils aren't they, always pestering their parents for food and kicking up no end of a din. Funny thing is although I've heard them in the neighbourhood none have come into my garden so far. I suppose you could call them Marmite birds.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• lol Tony, despite the raucous sound I can't help but smile when I see them chasing after their parents begging for food; reminds me of the Jackdaws at our last place !

Regards, Hazel 

• its no wonder the babies are bigger than the parents with the amount they eat!!! They totally took over my garden...ended up about 40 of them...the noise was unbearable from the young!!! Enjoy your couple and hope the dont multiply!!!!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• They always made more chaos in my garden when they were teenagers and starting to be independent. They just lined up on the fence for the suet feeder ... but actual queueing was out of the question. Squabbling mid-air was the order of the day! So, you may still have lots of fun to look forward to!

Nige   Flickr

• Unknown said:
    So, you may still have lots of fun to look forward to!

LOL Nige,  we may be spared that as we move out three weeks tomorrow;     just now about 20 Starlings arrived although there's only a tiny bit of seed out for the Goldies;    there must be around 8 juvenile starlings at the moment.     

Regards, Hazel 

• Great photos Hazy, I love it that you haven't had the pleasure of watching (and listening) to Starlings and Sparrows in the garden until now, they can be "interesting"!!!!!!

Lot to learn

• Like Tony, I also guessed what was coming before I opened the thread. They’re just chaos.!! But I like them, and lovely photos too.
    Great news about the upcoming move as well, you’ll be so glad when it’s all settled and you can relax again. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• lol, thanks folks; I risked putting a few live mealies out and sun-hearts for the goldies and so far - not a starling in sight !

Regards, Hazel