The Young of 2020

• In reply to HAZY:

How cute and lucky you Hazel...still none in my garden yet

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• O'h I'm feeling all maternal!! :-) You have beaten me to it Hazy, gorgeous photos.

Lot to learn

• Here are 4 pics of my first baby Spadger sighting. Easy enough to spot as they spend a lot of time dozing when they first fledge. This one decided to show off its frillies too!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Awww, glad you have your first spudgie babes. That'll keep LHTR on his toes lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Little HTR has stopped feeding his youngsters. He is once again collecting waxies and flying off. It appears that Mrs Little HTR might be using the same nest as he is flying in the same direction. The first week of June should be fledging time for this brood. Little Little HTR will have established himself in my garden by then, so that could prove interesting. The Spadgers are more of a nuisance to the Great Tits. However, the GT's now come into the kitchen for their waxies. I assume they have been watching Little HTR. One of his offspring is now coming to the kitchen window but has yet to come indoors.

• Fabulous pics MC of your young sparrows, they are soooo cute when all fluffy like that.
    You are having a good time with all the offspring of LHTR around and now nesting once more. I think Titch has lost his brood, he was feeding well and flying back and fore, I believe he moved once to a new nest site, and now he is singing again from top of trees, looking for a new mate maybe. He is coming back to the garden for a little food, looks fine but no young following him.

Lot to learn

• Spotted our first sparrow fledglings looking out of the nest box today on our garage.

Then in the hawthorn hedge next to the garage.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• A visitor at the pond last night. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• The first baby Starling arrived today. Let the chaos begin...

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely shots!

YouTube Channel: Watch the Birdie