More time for garden pictures!

Collecting photos of some of my garden visitors. Thought I would share them and add more as ||I get them. Isolation giving me more time!

Lucky the sparrowhawk hung around long enough for a few shots

Jay a regular visitor

Surprised the Fieldfare and Redwing are still in the garden

Low flying Buzzard

Couldn't resist tis one!

New to my garden (in 35 years)   pair of Treecrepers

Very distant Red Kite

Lovely song thrush (which I mistook for a Mistle)

Now a few of the regulars:-

• Love the stroppy youngster, you are spoiling us with all these pics of Woodpeckers.

Lot to learn

• It does look like you've had a good year for Woodpeckers, so can't blame you for making the most of it.

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks for all the positive responses. My woodpeckers are a bit like buses, don't see any for ages and then they all come along together. I don't usually get the Green and Spotted in the garden at the same time, a real bonus.
    Looks like they have had a good few young, so hopefully they will stay around for a bit longer.
  • One one Woodpecker photo opportunity. Early morning

Up in my wild bit of the garden I keep hearing a calling from the bushes. So camera at the ready I wait patiently. No bird sighting but plenty of other interesting creatures!

Some Skipper......not sure which!

looks from my book to be a Gatekeeper.  Could be wrong though

this one could be a Ringlet

Finally a sighting of the mysterious Warbler.....turs out to be another Chiffchaff

• A nice selection.
    Unless you're in Dorset, the Skipper is probably a Large one.
    I think both the brown butterflies are Meadow Browns

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks Nigel, that's the trouble with trying to identify them from a book, some are very similar. Quite pleased to get them with the wings open, they are generally firmly closed when on the flowers.
  • Yesterday and today....so far.

Not the best light but nice couple of Blue Tits

House sparrow who looks like i feel first thing in the morning.

Young Greater Spotted

....and a couple more Chiffchaff shots ( which again took ages to get)

This morning, lots of bird song but no photo opportunities.....so who is always on hand to help out!

Then in flies a Pied Wagtail

Distant Greenfinch high up in the dead elm tree

Formation flying.  About 50 starlings, My big lens only captures a few!!

Then they all land together in my Walnut tree, with a huge amount of singing 

Not sure if it is mum and dad with the youngster or they are just sharing a good perch.

• Nice set David, love the flight formation by the starlings !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazel, it is always nice to get birds in flight shots, especially fast moving. With that many i couldn't miss!!
  • Your Chiffchaff shots are excellent David and good to see the young Woodpecker.

Lot to learn