In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Linda257 said:
    I am frightened to tot up what I spend Mike!

Whatever you do, don't add the fuel costs, or parking charges (if any), you'll need a defib!

• Lol...I dont keep receipts ...always destroy the evidence lol...I think my town is the only one that still doesn't charge for parking Mike but I only live 7 minute walk from town centre shops...well what's left of them!!!!
  • From the trail cam last night, a better picture of the badger....

If only he was 30 mins earlier he would have got some chicken

But Mr Scrawny fox got to it first

Another one... looking for some breakfast...

Oh and I had to move the pole feeder away from the house to here before the neighbours.....you know the drill!!! (moan moan moan)

only a couple of birds lol plenty more by the pond!!!

• A Pyracantha would be a nice addition unless you have one tucked away at the back. Spadgers love them and they also have berries for the birds. Pretty rapid growers too. Nice layout. The pole feeders are better in the new position. Small birds like to dive for cover and having exposed feeders won't encourage them. They should be all over them now.

• Linda257 said:

Feel sorry for this little dude

Hes probably run ragged trying to feed the family, but still had time to stop and pose for me

I suspect this is a female Robin. They build the nest and incubate the eggs on their own. Looks like it has just had a bath too. Baby Robins on the way maybe?

• Thanks for that MC..am always happy to learn.....more babies!!! oh I do hope so.
  • Its now added to my list MC Thanks...I have several hollies with berries but not a Pyracantha. I still have 1 pole feeder by the pond where all the newer plants are, I would prefer it further back but the neighbour moaned about it so just waiting for the bamboo to spread (miricle grow been sprayed to give them a wee boost) and then its getting moved back.
  • I was sitting out in the garden this morning with my coffee watching the babies in the creche 

They all seem to gather by the pond!

And then a maggie swooped down from the trees then quickly swooped back up where it came from once it seen me...yes I am that scary!

The wee ones got a fright and most of them manged to fly into the conifers

and these 2 only made it half way up the fence

and then this one was soaking wet from being in the pond flew straight towards me....

i had to move very slowly to pick up the camera from the table from under it...

I couldnt believe how close it was to me..its sat for a minute then flew back to the pond

Well that was my thrill for the day!

• Your trail cam is picking up some great shots Linda, including showing the frost you had on the ground the other night, don't know if it was that cold here, if so that could count for the plants looking a little fragile yesterday. Love your creche of baby starlings, and no wonder they were scared by the Magpie, big birds that bounce across the garden would frighten anything.
  • lovely photos Linda and to see all the new youngsters; always a thrill to see birds come so close as you see them in all their detail. I recommend (once the restrictions with lockdown, reserves, etc, ) are over that you attend a ringing session for birds as the information you hear about each bird and the glorious close up encounter you get to experience showing each species colouring, plumage and size is so interesting and the reassurance that the birds are unfazed by the minute it takes to ring and take all the vital data information about them.