In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Just a few from today as I was busy chasing butterflies

Thats all for today folks, hope you enjoyed, stay safe 

• What a lovely sunny warm day it was. Been out in the garden all day watching the odd bird come and go and splash about in the pond. They dont usually come near when am out but even tne woodpecker put in an appearance...probably got sick of waiting for me to go indoors.

A few buzzards about today as the gulls were going crazy!

Then a crow flew over head followed by 2 buzzards in the direction of the school. Smart crow knows the gulls are over the school which came to its rescue!

Splash time....

I missed the robins turn but I did get him with his lunch...

As the day went on the garden got quieter...I was just about to go indoor when I got a nice little surprise!

Mr Blackcap...

He even had a wee drink from the pond

What a lovely little bird to finish off my birdwatching day 

Hope you are all safe and well

• beautiful set Linda and how special to see a gorgeous male Blackcap and the amazing group shot with Buzzards, crow and gull. The corvids are always harassing buzzards.

Regards, Hazel 

• Good stuff in and over the garden and great to get the Blackcap coming down to the pond.

Nige   Flickr

• Thanks Hazel. I had it on continuous shoot as my other half set me a target today to see how many different birds I could get in the one pic...it keeps me busy lol

• Thanks Nigel..only ever seen the Blackcap on the feeder at the trees months ago so even better to see it so close and having a wee drink...nice to see it using my new plants to hide in aswell!

• Love the action shots Linda, good to get shots like that, I always get a little dizzy looking upwards and trying to keep a bird in focus!! It has been so dry I think the birds are glad to find the fountains and have a dip, but how fabulous to get the Blackcap in, great shots.

Lot to learn

• Thanks Gaynor, I was actually able to get those shots in the comfort of my egg chair...if I stood up I would have had no chance tracking them and standing still lol...yes the blackcap is adorable..hope to see him again soon. It's so nice to be outdoors in the sun taking pics than standing at the window!

• A lovely set, Linda. And lucky you! I've only seen a Blackcap in the garden half a dozen times in several decades (and those views were all in our previous garden in the dead of winter..

Kind regards, Ann

• Thanks Ann, I do feel rather lucky to have such wonderful little visitors. I think I would go insane without them right now!