In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• The bees that are about do tend to be very large this time of year because they are queens. They even sometimes come out on cloudy days I notice, they seem to be able to fly in lower temperatures than butterflies - must be their furry bodies.
  • Very busy day in the garden with lots of visitors...

busy round the pond ...

and then finally my 2 song thrushes together!!! But always a pigeon has to get in on the action

Even the squirrel wanted in!

Stunning bird...

Someone trying to disguise themselves

Mr GSW eyeing up the feeders

even the Greenfinch were back

Mrs BB

Dunnock picking up the scraps

And finally a stunning starling ...such amazing colours but still messy buggars!

Hope you all enjoyed my garden visitors as much I did. Stay safe , keep smiling.

• Rather blustery today and my wee Dunnock was braving it.......

So much so he/she was looking like they were going to pop!

Nearly got blown right off the fence!!

Seen grumpy chops hiding in the conifers

And Mrs BB must be building one mighty nest as she has been in the garden digging up allsorts all day...even my wild flower seeds Confused

And one of many stunning starlings

Hope you are all safe and well, Keep smiling

• Your garden is still so busy Linda, mine is going into Spring mods where the birds are either mating or nesting I think. Lovely selection there, and two Thrush just make me green, and lovely to see Mrs BB gathering material, hopefully you will get the youngsters being fed later on.

Lot to learn

• Its getting less busy day by day Gaynor, but lots of gathering of nesting material...it was the Starlings turn today. Still lots of nest box inspections but no takers yet that I have noticed, I think they prefer the huge conifers! Can't wait to see lots of new feathered friends soon...I hope!

• My nest boxes are fairly redundant too Linda, being in a chalk quarry surrounded by scrub & great swathes of Ivy & Russian Vine the birds have plenty of natural cover to nest in ... lucky though to have my flock of Spadgers more or less in permanent daytime residence in Pyracantha handy to feeding dishes!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lucky you Wendy as my spadgers have disappeared completely ! Cry But I shouldnt moan too much as I still get lots of other lovely visitors but the wind is terrible here the now so you can just see the odd one or two hiding in the trees.

• ted to Starlings, Collared Doves, Hedge Sparrows, Blackbirds & Robin regularly alongside House Sparrows with occasional Wren, BT, GT & Goldies ... all around are Woodies, Magpies, Rooks plus of course Colin the Kestrel!
    Plenty of chatter all around though!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• So today it was still very blustery even though there was some sunshine, garden wasnt as busy as usual Confused

The Dunnocks were flying about mad today and only stopped on the fence for a brief moment

Then I caught one of them enjoying a shower in the pond lol

The wind was blowing the water in the right direction!

Then Woody thought he would land on top of the pole...he must have felt quite light today! Yes you can see it tilt!!!!

Lovely little coal tit waiting for a break in the wind...or for the starlings to get off the feeders

And now lots of my two starlings that were in the garden for a very long time..behaving themselves aswell!

Oops sorry for the starling overdose!

Finishing with something different tonight.....

The moon

and a close up

Well thats another day done folks, hope you are all safe and well.

• Good pic of the full moon Linda, wish we could all emigrate these days! Lovely pics in the garden, it was very windy here too but this morning it has calmed down somewhat so hope for more visitors today. Love the Starlings, their plumage is so beautiful, and I love the way they chatter non-stop.

Lot to learn