In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Just as the sun was going down yesterday the trees looked like they were on fire!

And a few from the garden today but it was pretty quiet....

Little bluetit eyeing up his new home???

and back for a 2nd viewing....

then down by the pond we had a pair of goldfinches

a wren

A dunnock that scared the wren away!

Then Mr&Mrs Woody deciding wether to have a bath or a shower

Starlings were few and far between today but look so beautiful in the sun

And a wee coal tit picking up whats dropped from the feeder above

Back to digging tomorrow! Sorry birds Confused

• Lovely set Linda and good variety of garden birds, we used to see Coal Tits caching food in the lawn at our old house and used to laugh at their antics as they would often chase one another round the garden.
  • Thanks Hazel, I dont often actually see it on the ground here but I love when I am in the kitchen and it flies in to collect from the window feeder....dont no if its me of the coaltit that gets the biggest fright lol
  • Another nice selection Linda, and the light on the trees was glorious
  • That's a nice size pond Linda.

As for the cat(s), they've just gotta try their luck!

We have a few, that sit on a flower bed and look up at where a feeder used to be!

There is one intelligent cat in our neighbourhood, that quickly noted the new feeder location, and tries to get a vantage point....

• Its not a real pond actually Mike as I cant dig deep enough without machinery, its actually a kids plastic paddling pool covered with pondliner , stones, plants, water and there you have it! One has to improvise when one wants a pond lol

I am highly allergic to cats but only found out last xmas when I bought my daughter one and developed a cough I couldnt shift...darn cat! Thank goodness she has her own place!
  • Linda257 said:
    Its not a real pond actually Mike as I cant dig deep enough without machinery, its actually a kids plastic paddling pool covered with pondliner , stones, plants, water and there you have it! One has to improvise when one wants a pond lol

I am highly allergic to cats but only found out last xmas when I bought my daughter one and developed a cough I couldnt shift...darn cat! Thank goodness she has her own place!

The pond looks good and does the job, and a shame about the allergy to cats.

Digging can be hard going, our pond is 150cms long, 50cms wide and 50cms deep, and took almost a week to dig out, aided by the fact that at 50cms down was a whole load of builders  rubble, which made fun work laying the power cable for the fountain!

• Am happy with it Mike......from this

H21 x 94 x 91.5cm

to this in 3 days after much digging and then had to give in and ask for help from my other half who came out with a pick axe and much more  muscles than me Relaxed

It actually took him 7 days to dig a trech to lay electricity cable for the log cabin.....never again he said Joy

Thats what we get for buying a house on a former iron works site!

Now am trying to dig deep enough to bury slabs to create a conrete barrier for the bamboo I bought. Cant have the roots going crazy as bad enough with all the tree roots from over the fence!

Gardening is a never ending job but I enjoy the challenge!

• Nice little visitor this morning in the garden while its mate sat in the high trees over the fence

I guess they will be heading back home very soon!

Then some of the usual suspects....

Sing to me baby....

Male and female GS Woodpecker

A little bit of drilling...

I think the robin and the wren are best of pals as they were in the pond at 7.30 tonight having a bath together!

Well thats all for today as I was busy planting the Bamboo...another job done!

Hope you are all safe and well.