All about Insects 2020

• This is my Yuck of the year, a slug eating an earthworm! I dug them up yesterday & the worm managed to get away after I washed them for a photo session.

Personally I think the slug was being a bit greedy & yes I know they aren't insects but I couldn't find a Slug & Snail thread.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Certainly very super yeuk H ... must admit I thought it was an odd shaped sausage at first glance! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to Noisette:

Ah, Hazel, You really made me laugh with your comment "after I washed them for a photo session"--thanks ever so much! I hope you are feeling virtuous having rescued that earthworm, but I also hope you left it somewhere where a Blackbird or Robin could eat it--lol!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• No worries there Ann, the birds can't wait for me to come in & have a cup of tea so they can poke around in the area I've just dug. The slug was one of the toe-nail types but not sure I can name it as it looked a bit tatty, maybe it had indigestion! LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Lol, Hazel, Maybe it had had too many earthworms--smaller ones!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to Russell T:

Russell T said:

Here is a colourful little bug I caught on some lavender stems yesterday. Looks like it's taken a bit of a bash on one side though. ID please?

By the way have you got a link to your micro lens Cin J, as I might give it a go.

Bang goes some bug-gers no claims discount.....

Sorry, been cooped up tooooo long, I'll grab my coat and go.   

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Hi, it's called Chrysolina americana or commonly Rosemary beetle, & we get them on our Rosemary rather than Lavender.......

Best wishes